QUESTION OF THE DAY!!!!!!

Adriana H.
on 2/18/04 12:04 am - Houston, TX
ok.. its back .. the dreaded question of the day!!! Post-Op Question is: After WLS how do you deal with "head hunger" or "boredom hunger"? Pre-Op Question is: What is one thing you are worrying about with WLS (weightloss surgery)? take care! Adriana -40 lbs
Adriana H.
on 2/18/04 12:05 am - Houston, TX
I don't know how.. that's why I posted the question! Adriana -40 lbs
Teresa D.
on 2/18/04 12:08 am - Garland, TX
hehe That's a GREAT reason, darlin' !
Jodi L.
on 2/18/04 12:13 am - South Texas, TX
Good question Adriana, Hmmm I would say having head hunger, not dumping, not throwing up, stretching my pouch back out, a staple pop and me die and leave madison without a parent...oh joy joy the list is endless.... Jolyn
Jodi L.
on 2/18/04 12:39 am - South Texas, TX
FYI everyone that was to answer the pre-op question. I smoke right now....and will be giving it up soon....so after the surgery if it comes to sweets I am sure I will probably pick up smoking again!!!!!!!!! ...nasty I know ...but being honset :D Cheerio, Jolyn
T C G.
on 2/18/04 2:41 am - Goliad, TX
Hi Jolyn, I'm going to share this although it may sound silly and ridiculous. I used to smoke 2 1/2 packs a day and my worst time was driving. I would get a straw and inhale through it, as I did I would think about how good the fresh air felt ... I would then hold it for a few seconds and then slowly exhale. I don't know WHAT (possibly God) told me to do this but it worked for me. It seemed to be relaxing. I'm hoping to find something similar to replace my eating habits (as talked about in the question posted here). For what it's worth, I hope this helps you. Tamara in Goliad
Teresa D.
on 2/18/04 12:19 am - Garland, TX
Pre-Op Answer: One thing ?? Impossible !! I have gone through phases on what I've worried about but I've been worried about something ever since I made the decision to have the surgery ! When I first read the memorial pages I worried about dying from a pulmonary embolism because I have a history of deep vein thrombosis (blood clots), then I worried about finding a good surgeon that wouldn't make me wait a year for a consultation. I've worried about losing "me" once I lost weight because I don't remember what it feels like to be thin. I've worried that my marriage will suffer as so many marriages seem to when one of the couple has WLS. I also went through a phase where I worried that I'd be the only person who wouldn't lose very much weight after the surgery and right now....... I'm worried that I will be denied by my insurance company ! I'm pretty dang tired of worrying. haha
Grace H.
on 2/18/04 12:51 am - Vidor, TX
ADRIANA.....HEAD HUNGER....HMMM..HOW I HANDLE THAT WAS SNACK ON SOME PEANUTS AND PROTEIN STUFF....AND DRINK WATER... THAT KILLS THE HEAD HUNGER..... GOOD QUESTION..... HUGS, GRACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 2/18/04 1:00 am - Houston, TX
I have a few worries but my main one is who will help raise my nephews and neice? I took them in back in 1991 when my brother was murdered and although one boy is out of school and the girl will soon be, I will still have one that is a freshman in high school. I know I have other brothers to help me but they all have their own lives. But I put all things in the BIG man's hands and I know all will be well.
Lora S.
on 2/18/04 1:07 am - Goldthwaite, TX
I deal with head hunger by eating something. Usually peanuts, beef jerky, or string cheese. Although lately I'm back on chips and dips.....can't get rid of my lifelong craving for them.
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 111 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 188 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 487 views