Newbie here

TNgal_Knoxville
on 7/2/11 7:14 am - Knoxville, TN
Hello everyone. I am new at this LapBand venture. I go to UT Weightloss Center. I am in the process of getting all of my testing done.  I do feel a little overwhelmed. I don't see the Nutritionist until month 4 or 5 but I have questions now.
Questions of what to cook, how to prepare it and such..so that I can consume my 60-65 grams of protein my doc wants me to. Thanks all
gracee44
on 7/2/11 8:49 am
     Hi , and welcome..!
I'm sure the farther you get into the process they will give you more info on the Diet you will be on. I do my nutritional class next month at park west with Dr. Boyce... They even put it all on a CD for you so i have read . All Dr. are different though..and I'm just learning the process myself. Do they have a web site you can go to for more info on how you will be eating ? And there is also a lap band forum on OH.. I'm sure they could help you also ))

TNgal_Knoxville
on 7/2/11 10:50 pm - Knoxville, TN
University of Tennessee Weighloss is great. I have a whole packet of what to expect right before and post op such as all the appointments of tests of all sorts, resources of where to buy the drinks etc. As for eating now. I have a chart that tells me what makes up 100 calories but I don't have a resource of menus or suggestions of what to cook for now until I have to do the pre-op stage. Any resources are welcome.
KellyJTn
on 7/11/11 12:06 am - Oak Ridge, TN
I buy my protein shakes from Vitlady.com.  I drink Champion Pure Whey, and they have 42 grams of protein per 8 ozs. They're the best tasting shakes that I've found out there too. :)  Good luck with your surgery!

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

TNgal_Knoxville
on 7/11/11 12:09 am - Knoxville, TN
Cool Beans, thanks for the info. I will  have to see if it is on my list. By the way...about how long will one container last you>?

TNgal_Knoxville
on 7/14/11 1:17 am - Knoxville, TN
Had a great find at Kroger! EAS  myoplex shake singles for 1.49 on clearance! So I grabbed the 3 they had....Hoped back on the bus and went across town to the other Kroger...they had EAS MYO 4 packs on clearance of 6.49..Score. And the best thing is they don't expire till aprill 2012.
Have great day
Most Active
Recent Topics