2 week liquid diet

emtcmw
on 12/9/09 12:30 pm - NEWPORT, TN
jan 5th ... I dread the liq diet thru christmas but I can do it !!!  I just want to be healthy again...

Carla

emtcmw
on 12/9/09 12:37 pm - NEWPORT, TN
By the way good luck on your surgery !! I will try and check in on you to see how you are doing !

Carla

maggielou
on 12/9/09 10:21 am
take out the sugar and soda and that will help..... you might as well do it now since you cannot have it after the surgery
emtcmw
on 12/9/09 12:35 pm - NEWPORT, TN
I have been cutting back on soda and sweets and had the soda cut out until this past weekend .. Got to love stress ! but I am gonna get back on track tomorrow.. Thanks for the help...

Carla

Shell4banding
on 12/9/09 8:15 pm
I did 2 week liquid diet ........lost 19 lbs. before surgery. Good luck with your journey! You can do it. ~ shell

emtcmw
on 12/11/09 1:46 am - NEWPORT, TN
Wow that is great !! I bet your doc loved that !! How hard was it did you get real hungry..

Carla

Shell4banding
on 12/11/09 7:39 pm
I was happy about the weight loss but I don't remember Dr. Dyer making a comment either way about it. He is probably use to people losing more than that. I had SO MUCH to lose that I think that is why I had good results. Yes, it was very hard, had many days of crying and missing food. I am a food addict so it was taking away my drug of choice and it was hard but it really helps prepare you for what is to come.......the liquid post op , the mushy stage and portion control. Plus , it helps with a better outcome during surgery to shrink that liver! You can do it and will be glad you did when it is over, it does go by pretty quick.  I drank a lot of broth, seems like the warm liquid helped to make me feel fuller. Good luck to you!!~ shell

Most Active
Recent Topics