Recent Posts

White Dove
on 6/17/22 6:50 am - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: Had my Apollo Overstitch revision.....

I have been watching this revision board since 2003. Many people have had overstitch. Not one has ever posted losing more than 20 pounds. That 20 is from the liquid diet before and after surgery. They gain it back once they go back to solid food. Nice money generator for the surgeon. To lose weight again you must eat less calories than you burn. Join Weigh****chers, track everything, go to meetings, weigh on schedule. Set a goal and achieve it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ange601
on 6/17/22 4:55 am
Revision on 05/23/22
Topic: Lapband revision to bypass

Hi All,

I am Andrea, live in Brooklyn, NY. I had my lapband to bypass revision on May 23, 2022. Had my band placed Nov of 2011. My highest weight was 258. I lost a total of 38 pounds with my band but lots of inches. Size 24/26 pants down to an 18! I was very happy. Was able to get up off the floor, was a very active football mom.until I got hit by a car in 2018.

In 2020 I began having terrible acid reflux and pain. Went to my gastro and found 3 esophageal ulcers. After being put on meds for a few months, 2 of the 3 were healed. He sent me back to my surgeon.

After many tests and scans, we discussed revision since the ulcer that could not heal was at the point where band meets stomach.

And so my bypass revision story began. The revision to bypass happened on May 23rd of tjis year. My starting weight this time was at 244. Between preop liquids until now post op 3 weeks I am down to 224.

I started puree last week per the surgeon and have one more before starting soft foods. I have seen the scale go up since a pound or two and don't understand when I'm tracking and not having more than 600 calories.

I am still feeling some soreness inside. Not quite sure what I'm supposed to be feeling, if this is normal but I'm sure it is. Very different from my band. My incisions healed nicely and I still have some healing itching.

Nicolex101
on 6/13/22 8:41 pm
Topic: RE: Had my Apollo Overstitch revision.....

Hello! Im wondering how someone's overstitch worked out for them! I had the by-pass over 18 years ago and want to do the overstitch and lose 50 poinds

after having 3 babies. :)

thank you

ShadyC
on 5/9/22 8:59 am
VSG on 10/31/13
Topic: RE: Has anyone else had a lap-band revision to an endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty?

I had a band to VSG revision almost 13 years ago and was super successful with it for years!

Bushlisa77
on 5/3/22 9:55 am - Paoli
Topic: DS or RNY revision. Which is better?

Hello everyone. I had the RNY in 2013. I lost 100 pounds but since then have gained 150 approximately. My question is which is better for a revision. Redoing the RNY or having the DS. The program that I would like to go with does not offer the DS. My reasoning for going to this program is that it is only an hour away from home. Any programs that offer the DS are approximately 2 1/2 hours away one way. I work night shift and this would affect my appointments as I would not be able to work the night before my appointment and the night of due to the drive and not being able to sleep. Any suggestions. I am in Southern Indiana

Lisa

Sparkly Mama
on 4/18/22 10:02 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Scheduled for Revision of Roux-en-Y

Hi I had RNY in 2009. I have never been able to tolerate solids consistently. I went through a long period of tests and follow up due to mal absorption and anemia. I finally gave up and began to eat foods I could just get down as the fatigue was just intolerable.

I have regained about 100 lbs of the original 207 I lost, and still feel terrible.

I say go for it! And I'll be cheering you on!

please give an update, even if it's that you got referred to a great bariateic care team!

Tiff8080
on 3/28/22 12:28 pm
Lap Band on 03/24/22
Topic: RE: Esophageal spasms with Lap-band

I just got my lap band 5 days ago. I haven't slept the last two night because of severe chest pain/spasms.
called doc today, upper GI is scheduled for tomorrow but he's thinking esophageal spasms. I am so afraid I have made a mistake having this to deal with 5 days in. Please let me know if folks have gotten over spasms or if they are a sign the band won't be good for you.

also- how long post op did everyone take to start to feel like themselves again?
thank you!

ladygodiva1228
on 3/28/22 10:01 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
Topic: RE: Has anyone else had a lap-band revision to an endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty?

I'm surprised your surgeon didn't suggest the bypass instead of the sleeve. Going from lap band to sleeve hasn't been overly successful and many end up revising to the bypass due to acid reflux and not much weight loss.

I am a band to bypass revision and my surgeon wouldn't even consider doing the sleeve.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

StephanieF.
on 3/27/22 2:36 pm
Topic: RE: Getting a tune up

UPDATE: I had the surgery this past Wednesday. Everything went smoothly and my recovery, so far, is going well, too. If you're interested in learning from my revision experience 16 years after my original RNY, I'll be posting here. https://www.obesityhelp.com/members/stephanieintx/blog/

Extended tummy tuck/hernia repair on July 28, 2008! Five pounds of skin removed!
Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.  Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. ~W.D

Weight at surgery on July 26, 2006: 304 lbs
Lowest weight: 147 (157 pounds lost!)
Regain over the past 2 years (2012-2014) - 59 pounds
REBOOTING! :) Working on losing back down to 160 (beginning Jan. 18, 2015)

StephanieF.
on 3/19/22 12:10 am
Topic: Getting a tune up

Hey y'all! I have been scarce around here the last four years, but I've been a member since....I think 2004? Long time. :)

I had my surgery in 2006, and lost 147 pounds. After all this time, though, I've gained about 100 back. Not being careful to follow the pouch rules, plus menopause.

I developed gastric reflux, and had an egd. My new bariatric surgeon, Scott Stowers in Frisco, Texas, did it. I have a hiatal hernia that's contributing to it. I also have a LARGE pouch now. So on March 23, next week, I'm having the hernia repaired and pouch re-tightened.

I want to blog my experience with it all. If anyone's interested in following along, I'd love some new friends here. I'll be posting here: https://www.obesityhelp.com/members/stephanieintx/blog/

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Extended tummy tuck/hernia repair on July 28, 2008! Five pounds of skin removed!
Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.  Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. ~W.D

Weight at surgery on July 26, 2006: 304 lbs
Lowest weight: 147 (157 pounds lost!)
Regain over the past 2 years (2012-2014) - 59 pounds
REBOOTING! :) Working on losing back down to 160 (beginning Jan. 18, 2015)

Most Active