Recent Posts

aphephobicfriend
on 11/4/22 5:39 pm - Ocala, FL
Topic: RE: Lapband revision to bypass

I had a band too but didn't have the success you did. My band was placed nov 2008 but was removed 5 months later and I almost died in the process.

It seems crazy that you're gaining weight and only having that amount of calories but I know sometimes things fluctuate. Try not to get discouraged or worry about it yet.

As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
dgraywilson
on 10/20/22 5:03 pm
Topic: RE: Had my Apollo Overstitch revision.....

I am planning to have the Overstitch procedure @ TLC w/Yu. Can you share some more details about how you are doing, were you in pain long, what is your total loss, how long did it take for you to return to work? I am a little skittish but must turn things back around after sleeve.

dgraywilson
on 10/20/22 4:58 pm
Topic: RE: Had my Apollo Overstitch revision.....

Hi I hope you are well & enjoying overstitch. I was wondering if you could share your physician's information as I am interested in the over stitch procedure. I am in Sugar Land & have only found TLC Surgery. I have great INS as well and would like to revise my sleeve.

BIGGY
on 10/3/22 9:57 am - Tulsa, OK
VSG on 07/24/12
Topic: RE: Should I look into a Revision?

My Insurance won't cover it . Even if it's medically necessary. I am so upset . My doctor said he would write a letter but his assistant said they won't cover even if he writes a letter because it's excluded from my benefits.

HW:375 (04/02/12) 
SW:339 (07/
24/12)
CW:244 (11/13/14)

antionettelewis525
on 9/29/22 11:57 am - Creedmoor, NC

Okay thanks,I have bluecross blueshield

maboots
on 9/29/22 11:56 am

My insurance did cover the procedure.

antionettelewis525
on 9/29/22 11:49 am - Creedmoor, NC

Hi i had ryn in 2002 now Ive gained all back.Looking to do a revision.Does your insurance cover the tore?

LIZA B.
on 9/14/22 6:08 am - GARNER, NC
Topic: Revision from RNY to DS

Hi WLS Family.....it's been 21 years since I had my gastric bypass. I initially lost about 180lbs and in 21 years have gained, lost and gained again about 70lbs, lost 50, gained 50, etc. I'm still at an over 100lb weight loss, however, I suffer from a rather large abdominal hernia, and I can't have it repaired until I loose 50lbs again. My hernia surgeon suggested I get a revision to my gastric bypass.

I have found a bariatric surgeon, who suggested switching me to a duodenal switch. I'm looking for anyone else who's had the DS after gastric bypass, and what is your experience. What should I expect? Anything that can help me prepare for this change.

Thanks for your help and I hope everyone has a fabulous day!

jolie34
on 8/31/22 4:01 am

Howdy!

After speaking to the surgeon yesterday, I have decided against revision. He said my only options were gastric bypass or SIPS. He said it would be considered a high risk surgery. I felt it was too invasive (I had a twisted bowel in 2012, not sure if related to the sleeve, but it was the worse pain ever!) And I am going to just stick to WW, which I have had success at. I may look into weight loss medication, but, I will discuss with my primary care physician first. I feel like the surgeon tried to brush off concerns. I think there is so much money in WLS, they has become like salesmen. But, that probably isn't uncommon for any business.

I wish you well!!

Joanne

alhawkes
on 8/30/22 3:48 pm

Hello,

I have not made a decision yet, I was just able to get a referral back to my original Doctor that did my RNY surgery 19 years ago. I have to attend a revision seminar first. I am hoping they do either the TORe or the ROSE revision. I have researched both and they both seem to be less evasive and I can potentially lose up the weight that gained over the years. I am still going to go to a Nutritionist and get a hormone panel done, and continue to try and lose the weight on my own, but I am still going to check out the procedures and also get my pouch checked for any scare tissue etc. Good luck and let me know what you decide or find out.

Most Active