Recent Posts

Cherylnelson
on 1/15/20 4:41 pm
Revision on 05/05/20
Topic: RE: Post Revision Feedback...

Thank you for letting me know. Now I expect not too much from revision....ugghh. Good luck to you??

KayLavonne
on 1/15/20 3:28 pm
Topic: RE: Have you had a revision? If so please discuss with me!

Congrats and way to go!!!! Thanks for your reply. I have a higher tolerance for pain... hoping 2 weeks is long enough to take off!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/14/20 1:31 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
Topic: RE: Have you had a revision? If so please discuss with me!

I converted from VSG to RNY this summer due to severe GERD. My sleeve had also stretched quite a bit (apparently I have a connective tissue disorder that caused this) so I had regained some weight.

I was out of work for two and a half weeks to heal. I'm a slow healer so I was pretty miserable, but by about week three or four I was feeling pretty much back to normal.

I have lost my regain at a very good pace because I followed the surgeon's guidelines, kept my calories low, and become VERY active in the gym. I weighed 229lb before the revision, and I'm 162 today, about six months later. I'm not sure how much lower I plan to go, my lowest was 150 after VSG so I suppose I'll see if I can hit that, but I'm more interested in hitting my body fat goal.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

KayLavonne
on 1/14/20 1:19 pm
Topic: RE: Food log and revision questions *plz be nice*

Yes I definitely understand with some people's responses. For some reason, it seems that people make it their personal perrogative to correct others. I have no idea why. Although yes, it may be that we stretched our stoma, with other things. However, we are here for answers. I like to help people using a strength based approach (probably because I am a social worker). I am not at all saying to ignore your eating habits or to not confront your issues... I am saying that sometimes if we focus on the strenghts first, then it allows you to make more concrete decisions because you aren't making decisions based on guilt and shame. Its all about the approach. Thanks for providing your email. I will follow up with you. And also I hope for the best for you!

If possible, could you ask for a different PA? I had similar issues when I went to my original surgeon. They refused to help me. They told me that I was eating out of control and drinking too much because I gained 10 lbs over a year (and I was not drinking or eating out of control. She just didn't want to help me). They flat out refused to help me. I felt horrible, felt like a failure, and it made me go right back to my unhealthy coping mechanism... eating. They wouldn't even allow me to attend the support groups because they did not want me to "influence" others. I had no one to help me. This was about 6 years ago. So please don't feel that way.

Try to be as honest as possible. Hopefully, if they do make you see a nutritionist, it will only be for a few months and it will actually help you.

Hoping for the best!!!

Cherylnelson
on 1/14/20 12:26 pm
Revision on 05/05/20

Thank you for sharing. It helps.

Cherylnelson
on 1/14/20 12:24 pm
Revision on 05/05/20
Cherylnelson
on 1/14/20 12:12 pm
Revision on 05/05/20
Cherylnelson
on 1/14/20 4:18 am
Revision on 05/05/20
Fenice
on 1/13/20 5:42 pm

An upper endoscopy.

ironically, in surgery, my surgeon did not change the size of the pouch, he did tighten up the exit hole which has given me some restriction but not as much as I would have liked.

LauraMJ1987
on 1/13/20 2:46 pm
Topic: RE: Food log and revision questions *plz be nice*

Thank you for responding. I feel like I get nothing but negative responses and ppl yelling at me on here... ð??" My insurance covers it, I'm afraid that the surgeon won't do it. I met with a PA locally at a different office and she basically dismissed me... I never even got to see the surgeon... So I guess I'm afraid that'll happen again. The surgeon who I'm going to see this time did my original procedure in 2008, so I have high hopes that she will help me. The only catch is that my apt is with her PA this time too... Her office is 2hr from my house, it's difficult to go there let alone to see someone who isn't the real deal... And I don't want to be told to see a nutritionist, I probably know more about calories and fat than the nutritionist does! Lol My email is [email protected], feel free to msg m on there. Hope to talk to you soon!

Most Active