Recent Posts

ladygodiva1228
on 1/21/20 7:36 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
Topic: RE: Band over bypass revision surgery??
On January 20, 2020 at 8:45 PM Pacific Time, Jenn S. wrote:
Posted just now

Has anyone had band over bypass revision surgery? I had RNY bypass surgery in 2002. I lost about 80lbs, but never lost as much as I had hoped/expected. Over the years, I've gained back 50-60lbs. After 5 years of trying everything to lose the weight, I went for a consultation to discuss revision options. My Dr. suggested placing a lap band over the original bypass. Has anyone had this procedure done? How successful was this revision? Did insurance cover it? Has anyone found any other successful revision options?

I'm going to be honest as someone who had a lap band before revising to the bypass there is not way I would ever want one of those torture devices placed over a bypass.

I suggest one of two things either get back to basics dense protein first, track/measure/weigh everything you eat or contact one of the few surgeons in the US that does a bypass to DS revision.

Did your doctor check to see if there is anything wrong with your original surgery? Many times it is unfortunately that we fall back into bad habits that cause the weight gain. I know there are some folks who have started WW and the new plan is really helping them get rid of any gain they might have had.

As for insurance many of them are now doing a once in a lifetime WLS.

I wish you good luck.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

sleeved524
on 1/21/20 6:29 am
RNY on 01/30/20
Topic: RE: Have you had a revision? If so please discuss with me!

Hi Kay,

Im scheduled for surgery January 30, today im going for my medical clearance at my primary to be sent to my surgeon.. I live in new York but my surgeon is Dr Ewing of Advance Laproscopic in New Jersey, Paramus. About 20 minutes from where I live.

Me too I am nervous and excited at the same time.. I need to lose minimum 50 and maximum70 .. and my worst fear is that I wont.. trying to read as much as possible for people who had the revision from sleeve to rny..when I got the sleeve revised from the band I lost only 25lbs.. the band was the highest I lost 70 lbs and then the band failed me..

How much do you have to lose or want to lose. my starting weight now will be 245 im 5'9 and so I would love to get back to 170ish to 185ish..

did you get all your medical clearance vitamins ect. done yet or do you have to take the nutritional courses...??

Yes lets keep in touch.!

KayLavonne
on 1/20/20 10:59 pm

I'm getting mine in March. I would love for us to keep in contact for our progress!!! I'm looking forward to it so much! Nervous and excited.

sleeved524
on 1/20/20 4:45 pm
RNY on 01/30/20

hi Kay,

I'm approved for sleeve to RNY due to medical reasons GERD In 3 days . going to get my medical clearance tomorrow surgery set for Jan. 30 11 more days.. I'm excited and learning as much as I can too.

when are you getting revised..

I'm looking now for all the medications vitamins food or should I say liquid that I need to purchase by this weekend..

Anybody every body post what you purchased and how did you have to eat..

Thank you and good luck to you too Kay.

Jenn S.
on 1/20/20 12:45 pm - Long Island, NY
Topic: Band over bypass revision surgery??
Posted just now

Has anyone had band over bypass revision surgery? I had RNY bypass surgery in 2002. I lost about 80lbs, but never lost as much as I had hoped/expected. Over the years, I've gained back 50-60lbs. After 5 years of trying everything to lose the weight, I went for a consultation to discuss revision options. My Dr. suggested placing a lap band over the original bypass. Has anyone had this procedure done? How successful was this revision? Did insurance cover it? Has anyone found any other successful revision options?

Up2Me3
on 1/18/20 1:37 pm

Is your revision to RNY the DS? I'm a little confused and need to educate myself a little better. I had a Loop in 2014 and want a full DS which I wish I'd done from the beginning...what is a RNY...is that the gastric bypass.

Up2Me3
on 1/18/20 1:33 pm
Topic: Loop Revison to full DS

I had the Loop in 2014 but didn't loose all the weight. I'd like to revise to a full DS. Has anyone done this and been successful.

Fenice
on 1/16/20 3:20 am
Topic: RE: Post Revision Feedback...

I wouldn't say that! I'm two months out from my revision and I'm VERY happy with my decision. I think you will be too. I'm literally heading out to a trip but when I'm back I'll post an update. Good stuff ahead.

Up2Me3
on 1/15/20 8:19 pm
Topic: RE: Revision VSG to DS

I had the Loop done with my sleeve in 2014. Now want to revise to the full DS. Doc keeps calling it Roun En Y.....isn't the the RNY that is gastric bypass? ...not DS?

Up2Me3
on 1/15/20 8:15 pm
Topic: RE: VSG to RNY weight loss / vitamins

I had a sleeve with the Loop as procedure 5 years ago. Revision to Roun En Y....is that the same as RNY? I thought RNY was a gastric bypass.

What I thought my revision was going to be was from the Loop to a full DS??

Most Active