Recent Posts

KayLavonne
on 1/23/20 10:54 am
Topic: RE: Have you had a revision? If so please discuss with me!

I'm going with Pompeii... Mainly because 2 of my friends went there and they absolutely loved it! And I will also be recovering in their beach house! I'm so excited.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/23/20 9:56 am
RNY on 08/05/19
Topic: RE: Loop Revison to full DS

In general, revision surgeries tend to result in slower weight loss, and it's not super common for folks to lose all their regain after.

Do you know if there's a mechanical issue with your current stomach configuration? Or was the failure to reach goal because of your behavior? If your tool is working just fine, you would probably want to go back to basics and use what you've got before undergoing another procedure.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

sleeved524
on 1/23/20 7:48 am
RNY on 01/30/20

Hi Kay, im still learning this website again. i repeated question in another forum and you answered but i ask the same question than found your answer on another forum lol just bare with me. lol..

i understand now about the insurance now..

So your having surgery in March are you all set up..

who are you going to in mexico??

KayLavonne
on 1/22/20 9:54 am

My insurance has a strict exclusion for bariatric procedures. i appealed 3 times, and then took it to the state for the appeals. denied every time. I am in Missouri. My first surgery was on Medicaid in Illinois... I no longer qualify for Medicaid and no longer live in that state. And the picture is for WLS period... no matter how many surgeries you have had.. or so I was told.

sleeved524
on 1/22/20 9:30 am
RNY on 01/30/20

@KAY

Is this chart for first time WLS's or Revision or all!

sleeved524
on 1/22/20 7:29 am
RNY on 01/30/20

@Kay

Love that Chart im in the first box. Its really encouraging i hope it is duable!!

Actually i do have a friend who got rny on september 25, 2019 and she is down 40. also in the first box range. but this is her first WLS ever..

Im on my 3rd

Did you do your first WLS in Mexico too??

What State are you living in?

I was one day away from going to Mexico for my sleeve when i decided to appeal my insurances decision and got approved after 3 days..cancelled my flight!

KayLavonne
on 1/21/20 2:11 pm

RIGHT!!!! Thats what I'm going to do as well.. My job is pretty sedentary. So 2 weeks should be good for me.

KayLavonne
on 1/21/20 2:10 pm

I am actually getting surgery in Mexico! My insurance did not cover it... I have gained my weight back so I want to lose like 150 lbs. I have heard the same... the revision is slow weight loss, if any. But it will help me with the heartburn which is half the battle! I am now 328...we got this. And although it will not be as easy as the first WLS, we can still make our goal. Im in a group and someone posted this

sleeved524
on 1/21/20 9:22 am
RNY on 01/30/20

@Kay

i took off 2 weeks but im sure i will not use it all better safe than sorry!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/21/20 9:01 am
RNY on 08/05/19
Topic: RE: Band over bypass revision surgery??

Bands are bad news. Some hospitals won't even place them any more because the complication rates are so bad-- scarring, adhesions, all sorts of ugly problems. I don't know of a single person on OH who's had a lap band placed who still has it.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active