Recent Posts

Valsdetermined2lose
on 2/16/20 6:53 am
Topic: RE: Have you had a revision? If so please discuss with me!

How are you doing?

HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Valsdetermined2lose
on 2/16/20 6:51 am
Topic: RE: Have you had a revision? If so please discuss with me!

Congrats!!! Im considering vsg to bypass due to weight gain and gerd. Hoping to have great results too!

HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Dee_Caprini
on 2/14/20 3:26 pm
Topic: RE: BMI Qualification for LAP-BAND Revision Surgery

Yep, I agree with Sparkle. Depends on your insurance. A very good friend of mine had dilation of the upper part of her stomach and her band was now useless. Her lowest was 180 I believe and she regained up to 250. She had high blood pressure again so her doc requested a revision. They approved the removal of the band only and she was told that she would need to pay for the revision out of pocket. They initially said that revisions would not be covered but then her primary wrote a letter of necessity/passion and a week after her revision, she received a letter from the insurance company stating that they would pay for it (She'd already paid) so it was a matter of getting refunds from the surgeon, hospital and anesthesiologist. She didn't argue

PRETTE84
on 2/14/20 10:43 am - ROSEDALE, NY
Topic: RE: Post Revision Feedback...

Did you have the Rny to distal? What's your bathroom routine and vitamins and food please sure!

PRETTE84
on 2/14/20 9:43 am - ROSEDALE, NY
Topic: Dr. Shawn Garber Revision to DS or Distal

Hi
I had Rny in 2010 and regained all of my weight I'm considering other surgery options other than the DS such as the distal and sips because I can't find a qualified surgery who excepts my insurance to do it. I'm in New York and it's been very difficult. I can't afford out of pocket. I have Medicaid. Anyone revised to the distal or DS and know of any doctors in my state New York with Medicaid. Can u share your experience?

RBabbi55
on 2/14/20 8:51 am
Topic: RE: Band to RNY after 12 years banded. Lots of questions

Hi

I am new to this forum. I had a band in 2007 and managed to lose and maintain a 90 pound lost ( started at 350 currently 260). I now have acid reflux and the gastroenterologist has recommended removing the band. I thought a sleeve would be better, but looking at all the responses a RNY would be better and most effective for me to lose the remaining 100 pounds.

Has anyone had the band removed and had a sleeve revision that was successful. I look forward to learning from this forum as I complete my 6 month nutritional counseling.

KayLavonne
on 2/13/20 8:19 pm
Topic: RE: Revision surgery in Mexico

Congrats! And will do!!!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/13/20 2:44 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
Topic: RE: BMI Qualification for LAP-BAND Revision Surgery

That will depend 100% on your insurance; every plan has different coverage guidelines and that's what you'll need to follow. Call the customer service number on the back of your card and ask, they should be able to give you that information.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

MBC803
on 2/13/20 10:28 am
Topic: BMI Qualification for LAP-BAND Revision Surgery

Hi,

I have at least 2 significant complications with my LAP-BAND, so I know I meet those requires. But is there a BMI requirement for insurance to cover it?

velouria
on 2/13/20 7:10 am
Topic: RE: Slow loss after revision...

Thank so much everyone for your help. I have cut ALL processed sugars (still having fruit) and have already seen a difference!

Most Active