Recent Posts

sleeved524
on 2/20/20 8:36 am
RNY on 01/30/20
Topic: RE: Band to RNY after 12 years banded. Lots of questions

Hi ladies,

i had the the band 2006 revision to sleeve in 2016 but had it done in 2 procedures because when my surgeon went in to do everything in one day he noticed i had a hiatal hernia (small) and fixed it, and scarr tissue so he went the route of just removing the band and then i had to wait six weeks for my stomach to heal and then do the sleeve......no the sleeve was not successful i only lost 25 lbs and went on to gain all of it back plus more and got GERD.. so i just revised again from the sleeve to bypass on 1/30/ 20 exactly 3 weeks since surgery..i never thought i would have to nor did i want too get the gastric bypass since i had family and friends who had it done 25 plus years ago and had horrible stories to tell... but 30 years later with a whole lot of experience trial and error i feel confident i will be ok.. nothing really new from band to sleeve to bypass in my opinion because you still have to eat the right amount of food... learn how to eat properly...no drinking up to 30 minutes after you eat, you have to excersize, ect..ect...

pretty much the same the only difference i see is no sugar and no carbohydrates (thats pretty much why we are here) and unlike band and sleeve we MUST take vitamins..

Good Luck

You will be fine..

DS80
on 2/19/20 8:05 am, edited 2/19/20 12:06 am
Topic: RE: Revision Question Roux En Y

Hi Sheri

I'm not sure you would need to call and ask his scheduling nurse. Hope all works out his name is Dr. Harvinderpal Singh in Tomball also Matthew St. LAURENT does same kind of revision.

Diana

Everchanging84
on 2/18/20 7:55 pm
Revision on 02/12/20
Topic: RE: Sleeve to Rny

Yea I'm doing pretty well just incision pain,I'm going to finally weigh myself tomorrow as that will be my official first week post op....Like you this revision was mainly to get rid of the GERD and since surgery I've not any symptoms.

*Still on my Everchanging Journey*

Sleeved: 3/13/12 SW479 SW433 LW 306

Revision from sleeve to bypass :2/12/20

SW 317.3

UGW 210-230

NikkiL2015
on 2/18/20 3:45 pm - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

Well, I'm glad you are doing well!! I weighed in today at 315, I'm hoping I'll be able to drop a little more weight. I need to have one replacements and can't have them done until I lose more. I'm excited for some relief of my GERD!!

Everchanging84
on 2/18/20 3:40 pm
Revision on 02/12/20

Hey nikki, I sent you a friend request hope you don't mind.... I had my revision on 2/12/20 the day of surgery I was 317.3 ,Everything went well but when my surgeon came to see me the following morning he told me that he had to repair a hiatal hernia and my surgery ended taking longer than expected....I'm now 6 days post op and feeling pretty good .

SW 317.3

UGW 210-230

NikkiL2015
on 2/18/20 3:33 pm - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

How did your revision go? I just got my date, it will be March 9th!!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/18/20 9:45 am
RNY on 08/05/19
Topic: RE: Revision from sleeve to bypass or sleeve to sleeve ???

If you have GERD, you definitely don't want to be re-sleeved. The sleeve causes a high-pressure environment and is sometimes the cause of GERD.

I had VSG to RNY revision because of reflux issues, and it's completely taken care of my issues. I also regained some weight due to bad habits and my sleeve stretching out, so I've been able to lose almost all of my regain after the bypass. This is my last chance to get it right, so it's completely your responsibility to make sure you stay on track this time.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Everchanging84
on 2/18/20 6:07 am
Revision on 02/12/20
Topic: RE: Revision from sleeve to bypass or sleeve to sleeve ???

Good Morning,

I would have been 8 years gastric sleeve next month.... I had my sleeve done in 2012 and the day of my surgery I was 455.3 the lowest I ever got down too was 306 and I was actually pretty happy about that. Like you I love my sleeve and everything that it did for me. I've been dealing with really bad reflux but have been masking it with zantac for years. It was to the point where I was waking up out my sleep coughing up acid.So I had enough and finally went to my surgeon in august and told him what's been going on. He suggested another endoscopy and I had that in December and it showed that I had esophagitis stage a with a small hole less than 5mm. He put me on medication which really wasnt helping and we discuss the pros and cons. I told him I could live like that anymore and he suggested converting my sleeve to bypass because I'm a "veteran" I didn't have to do eveything like a new patient. So the process seemed faster. I had my conversion surgery 2/12/20 I'm six days post op and feel pretty good despite the gas and incision pain.

SW 317.3

UGW 210-230

sleeved524
on 2/17/20 11:31 am
RNY on 01/30/20
Topic: RE: Anyone sleeved and re-sleeved?

I never thought i would have a gastric bypass...i have friends and family that had it done like 20- 25 years ago and had really bad experiences...like the ads and other posters said R N Y has been in (work in progress) since about 30 years ago.. so i was basically convinced and still research on my own to get me to the point of getting it done.. i feel like i didnt even have a gastric bypass.. (i confirmed with my doctor that i did) lolololol..

no more resleeve and no more bands...ive been through both.. although i lost alot of weight with the band at the end it failed me... GERD SLIPPAGE ect..ect.

When are you planning to get the revision..??

hollyround2
on 2/17/20 11:01 am - Gastonia, NC
Most Active