Recent Posts

Michelle I.
on 3/3/20 8:34 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA
Member Services
on 3/3/20 7:29 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: RE: Which forum

Michelle, the best forum to focus on would be the RNY. There are several members within that forum who have converted from a band to bypass or sleeve to bypass. That forum can be found here: https://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/

Wishing you the best of luck on your journey. Don't forget to check out our recipe index for some great options to get your meal planning started and on track.

Michelle I.
on 3/2/20 3:35 pm - VSG-1/6/14, CA
Topic: Which forum

If I started with the band and currently have the sleeve but next month getting RNY.....what forum would best suit me and all the questions that I may need to research?

starfishmom
on 2/27/20 8:46 pm
VSG on 03/10/12
Topic: RE: Sleeve to Rny

Hi, I'm in the same boat as everyone on this thread. Reading up and trying to get as much info as possible. My surgery got scheduled today for March 10th!

starfishmom
on 2/27/20 8:45 pm
VSG on 03/10/12
Topic: RE: Sleeve to Rny

Hi, I'm in the same boat as everyone on this thread. Reading up and trying to get as much info as possible. My surgery got scheduled today for March 10th!

Nika
on 2/25/20 7:18 am
Topic: RE: Re-Sleeve This Week!

Can you share who did your revision and how you are doing today?

Nika
on 2/25/20 7:07 am
Topic: RE: Anyone sleeved and re-sleeved?

I'm looking into re sleeve or pouch repair. I had my original sleeve 9/2012. Went from 215 to 120. Very pleased. 7 pregnancies later... I'm at 172. No more restriction. So, I'm following to read if you have more feedback. Dr Ortiz at OCC does a plication of the previously sleeved stomach. That is one I am looking into as well. The claim is that it is safer than a re sleeve.

Valsdetermined2lose
on 2/22/20 2:47 am

Good luck! Yes I've been educated on Sadi loops too but the malabsorption with loops is scary to me and a lot of DS Sadi loops patients I've talked to lost too much weight?? I was considering Sadi loops but I'm afraid of the malnutrition a lot of DS people go through.

HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Valsdetermined2lose
on 2/22/20 2:45 am

I'm getting bypass revision soon as my insurance approves me and think it will be very soon. Scheduled for scope due to severe gerd next month and hoping to get a revision surgery date by April , fingers crossed ?! I also have problems with a recurring hernia and all my repairs have failed in the past so my surgeon says I will be more successful with my hernia repair with weight loss so that's what he's planning. I've had so many surgeries to my abdominal area and not to mention my head, I'm a cancer survivor of sinus cancer and went through 3 surgeries with radiation treatments. I was really on the fence about bypass but it's the best option for me.

HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Spiritus
on 2/21/20 12:55 pm - Hawthorne, CA

Hey Val - I am also in the same boat you are and as well had my sleeve surgery on 2011.

I know I don't want another sleeve but I know Kaiser in WLA has a study going on for failed sleeve surgeries to convert to the SADI (DS). I am seriously thinking of talking to them and checking out what it is all about.

Good Luck and let's keep in touch!

Most Active