Recent Posts

sleeved524
on 3/4/20 5:33 pm
RNY on 01/30/20
Topic: RE: Anyone sleeved and re-sleeved?

You will be fine just do what you have to do follow all your vitamin regimen and get your blood work so you know whats going on..

Unlike you, i was worrying about dealing with all the problems that i mentioned my friend and familiy went through during my young years now that im 51 oh well dont mind so much..good luck

is this your first surgery or revision..

you should a ticker up they're fun!

mgsisco
on 3/4/20 10:43 am
RNY on 06/06/19

I got it 9 months ago, but that is a major concern on my part, aging with RNY. I am only 38 and I dont want to age having all those issues related yo rny plus the one we get as we get older.

sleeved524
on 3/4/20 10:36 am
RNY on 01/30/20

Hi Mgsisco,

I do not want to scare you as i said this surgery RNY has been around for many many years. However, my friend who had the RNY first about 22 years ago had to get all her teeth pulled out and got veneers..When she refinanced her home for 30,000 i was floored..i guess either she didnt take her vitamins, too much malabsorbtion, and she threw up alot...the second is my cousin who had it done about 19 years ago also loss a tooth when she bit into an apple (she got a bridge) and as of today she still gets iron transfusions...im thinking now ( i never heard her say she is taking vitamins) . And most people back then that i have met online at doctors offices in groups seemed to all have had their gallbladders removed..

again this is the people who had surgery way back when.. i think you will be fine.. i normally get my annual dental check up but with this surgery i already made my appt and will be following my exams closely and of course get my blood work done more frequently.. and read read read and ask questions and follow all the rules and we will be ok...

Good Luck! are you looking into revision or RNY..?

JJT
on 3/4/20 10:16 am
Revision on 09/14/17
mgsisco
on 3/4/20 9:42 am
RNY on 06/06/19
Topic: RE: Time for a revision... but what?

Hello,

What is your vitamin regimen with Distal RNY?

mgsisco
on 3/4/20 9:34 am
RNY on 06/06/19

Can you share about what kind of bad experiences have your friends and family had that got the rny done 20-25 years ago?

Everchanging84
on 3/3/20 1:05 pm
Revision on 02/12/20
Topic: RE: Sleeve to Rny

Hey thanks for checking in...I'm actually doing pretty good. I went to my first post op appointment yesterday and since I started the process I'm down about 30 pounds already...Eveything is healing well and I've been advance to stage 3 because I've been tolerating everything so good

*Still on my Everchanging Journey*

Sleeved: 3/13/12 SW479 SW433 LW 306

Revision from sleeve to bypass :2/12/20

SW 317.3

UGW 210-230

Dee_Caprini
on 3/3/20 10:37 am
Topic: RE: Sleeve to Rny

Hello there! I wanted to see how you are feeling? I hope you are healing well and things have gone smoothly for you!

Member Services
on 3/3/20 8:45 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: RE: Dr. Shawn Garber Revision to DS or Distal

Hello! We have a few surgeons whom we can connect you with that do the SIPS and take Medicaid. Feel free to email us at [email protected] and our team can connect you directly to the office to help you with your quest for a revision.

Wishing you the best,

Member Services.

Most Active