Recent Posts

alicia601
on 7/8/20 6:55 pm - NY
Topic: RE: REVISION?? SLEEVE TO BYPASS

I'm in the process of doing a revision also. Got sleeved in feb 2011, lost 135 pounds but had gerd since day 1 of recovery. No medication is helping and I'm nervous I will end up with barrett's esophagus or even cancer. I'm nervous to go through all this again. I'm so happy to know I'm not the only one going through this. I'm 163 now and would like to go back to 130. Has anyone had any complications from revision due to gerd issues ????

Thanks everyone for any help or input. I'm just nervous

Jeci
on 7/3/20 12:57 pm
Topic: Revising from Gastric Sleeve to SADI-S

Dear All,

I am considering of having a revision surgery from Gastric Sleeve to SADI-S (Single anastomosis duodeno-ileal bypass with sleeve gastrectomy)

Has anyone had a revision from Sleeve to SADI-S? Good experiences? Bad experiences?

Can you please tell me what your experience was like?

Thank you!

gatorgirl2028
on 6/30/20 10:02 am
Topic: RE: RNY to RNY revision

So, the more research on Stomaphyx I see, it seems it is not a good procedure:seems it is temporary, as some people have to have a second one done as quickly as 6 months later. I have scheduled a revision in Mexico as my insurance will not cover me. It it about 8000, not including air fare, and they do have several finance companies they work with. I have not seen any bad reviews for the Doctor I have chosen, and see a lot of good things on their facebook page. Tijuana Bariatric Center Support Group.

one4sailn
on 6/29/20 4:32 pm
Revision on 06/30/20
Topic: RE: Revision to bypass after sleeve

Same!! Just got to the hotel in Tijuana, and have my revision (sleeve to mini bypass) tomorrow. I had a very successful sleeve procedure 7 years ago. With the very slow loss of my father due to an illness, I grabbed all the food and booze that would help me "cope" with my grief.

Im incredibly happy to have this restart, tomorrow. Dr Carlos Altamirano is the surgeon!ð?'?

Lexypeach
on 6/28/20 5:30 pm
VSG on 01/12/16
Topic: RE: Revision to bypass after sleeve

I'm looking to do the same thing! Had my miracle baby in October!

Lexypeach
on 6/28/20 5:29 pm
VSG on 01/12/16
Topic: Weight loss Success from VSG to RNY revision?

Hey all,

I had vsg surgery in January 2016. Highest weight was 290, pre-surgery weight 278 and lowest weight after vsg was 180.

Went through two rounds of IVF and successfully had our miracle baby October 2019. She was born at 29 weeks and weighed 2.7 lbs. I'm an emotional eater and let's just say food helped get me through a long nicu stay.

I'm currently 249 and am looking into revision for weight loss. I understand that I have to change my mindset. I'm currently seeing a therapist to work through my eating habits but would love to hear anyone who has went though something similar.

Thanks in advance.

Kath442
on 6/26/20 6:52 am - Punxsutawney, PA

Hi!

How did the Stomaphyx work for you? I've been thinking about going that route and wondered how well it worked!

Thanks for any input !

Dade-Revision40
on 6/23/20 12:55 pm

I am 13 years out from RNY surgery and have gained all my weight back. After two kids later (6 and 1) and turning 40, the pandemic crisis has pushed me to the breaking point. I feel like I'm in such a fragile emotional state. I'm interested in revision as well but am I little scared to schedule appointments during this time.

Tineebean
on 6/22/20 4:12 pm

Don't be ashamed of your weight regain. I am in the same boat and looking at doing a revision. I'm not sure how pricey it is though. Do any of you guys know how much it costs?

ladylion2001
on 6/21/20 11:18 am - Baltimore, MD
Topic: RE: Advice please... I'm a statistic! :(

Do you have the pre op ans six week plans?

Most Active