Recent Posts

starofegypt1
on 8/2/20 4:56 am
Topic: RE: Was it hard to get your surgeon to do a revision?

Hi my name is Raizel

I had surgery 2006 and lost 170lbs and regained 70lbs 3 kids and life. I have tried to loose and I just can't stay on the wagon. I am with a new surgeon ut more because I had emergency surgery 6 weeks ago when I went to ER 2am for abdominal pain, chills, and vomiting. I had 2 internal hernias. It is common i am told for leolen5who loose lot of weight in a short period of time. Anyway I met my new bariatric surgeon. I have an endoscopy to do this Tuesday to check my pouch as he cod not before in my emergency surgery. My hernia had almost my entire small intestines through my abdominal wall. Worse than labor pains.

We have discussed a revision but there are two parts one part where he will just go in endoscopiclly and titen my opening in if is too large and the full revision was be to create new malabsorption by cutting my stomach again and reattach lower in the intestine.

We will see how my piuch looks and then decide. If my pouch is stretched it will most likely tighten my opening and not do full revision. There's not major down time just tighten from top endoscopic way.

Good luck

I had gastricbypss

Hw 350

Lw 175

Cw 250

Murphysraven
on 7/24/20 7:36 am
Topic: RE: Revising from Gastric Sleeve to SADI-S

I had my first verticle sleeve gastrectomy surgery in 2015 at 264lb, 35 yrs old. No complications with the surgery, got to about 170 at my lowest weight. slowly over time lost the good surgery eating habits and gained back up to 200lbs.

I panicked and started looking into revision surgery. I ended up being re-sleeved with the sadi-s added (I think my common channel is 250?) via self pay in Mexico in summer of 2018. The lowest weight I was able to get to was about 172 lbs.

I am now hovering around 195lbs. I am proof that if you don't work the diet and exercise you will regain weight no matter if you get a revision. I take complete responsibility for my failures with eating slider foods and alcohol consumption.

I somewhat regret getting the sadi-s because I will constantly have to take supplementation and watch for nutrient deficiencies. while most of my bathroom issues are pretty mild compared to stories I've heard. I still suffer from a lot of GERD/Heartburn and sometimes incredibly embarrassing smelly gas.

I feel my re-sleeve was a valid revision, when my surgeon looked at my sleeve and quizzed me on my consumption abilities he was positive my sleeve was made entirely too big the first time. When I eat properly I do have a decent amount of restriction after I was sleeved a second time. so it's worth getting your sleeve checked, but my experience with the sadi-s was not the desired outcome. I wanted malabsorption so that I could eat what I wanted but did not address the underlying addictions and bad habits that caused the weight gain.

emyanna
on 7/22/20 5:09 pm
Topic: Why why why???

I had a gastric bypass in 2008. Lost 120 lbs. still had about 50 to go when I became good friends with a coworker who loved to eat out. Nuff said. I gained back about 50 instead of losing 50. Fast forward to 2020. I went to the ER for recurring abd pain and was sent the next day to a bariatric surgeon. He did an egd and found a large marginal jejunal ulcer that needed repair. He also said I needed a revision as my pouch was very large. Ok so I had the surgery. May 20, 2020. 2 mo ago. I wish I had never had it done. Ever since I have had trouble eating and getting anything to go down and stay down. Not all the time but at least once a day I throw it up to relieve the pain. I am sick and tired of it. My surgeon did another egd and said he would dilate if he needed to but he says all was normal. So what now? I live with this forever? I never had anything like reflux or gerd in the past. I have not found any food that tastes good to me and I can deal with that. But dang. I can't even drink water sometimes.

rossai11
on 7/15/20 7:53 pm
Topic: RE: Was it hard to get your surgeon to do a revision?

I didnt go back to my same surgeon. I am waiting on insurance approval now. Some surgeons don't do revisions, but others do. I am going out of state for my surgery because of my surgeons expertise and reviews.

rossai11
on 7/15/20 7:51 pm
Topic: Revision with Aetna during COVID?

Hi everyone! Anyone try to get Aetna to approve a revision during covid? I know they recently updated their requirements, so I'd like to hear some experiences if anyone is willing to share. Thanks!

LIvebold
on 7/15/20 10:35 am - NC
Topic: RE: RNY to RNY revision

Hi Dove,

I am new to this blog and am considering revision. I had an RNY in 2000. Do you know what type of revision your surgeon is recommending? I am curious about options, but when I went in had a consult with a bariatric surgeon in my area, she wanted me to go on a diet!!! I did this surgery 20 years ago to stop the failures of dieting and I'm not going to start up again. I already feel bad enough about putting the weight back on, which still mystifies me.

Anyhow, looking at seeing a different surgeon and thought I would get personal experiences about revision as well as researching the different options.

Thanks for listening and sharing any information you are comfortable with sharing!

Bernadette

Dove
on 7/14/20 4:58 am - Renton, wa

Hi Carrie -

My Doctor is very understanding and has seen me battle and seen the stressors in my life. Also, she's an ARNP (Registered Nurse Practitioner) instead of an MD, and I've found overall that female ARNPs are a lot nicer. Insurance isn't giving me a hard time other than making me prove myself for 6 months. I have to see my doc 6 times, a dietician 12 times, lose 5% of my weight, get a psychiatric evaluation, etc.

carrie95376
on 7/14/20 2:36 am - tracy, CA
Topic: Was it hard to get your surgeon to do a revision?

Hi- My name is Carrie and i had a RNY 16 years ago. I have gained my weight back this last couple years and wondered how anyone has gone about getting a revision. Are the surgeons agreeable to do them, or did I just get the one time and I failed after all these years? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Would love to hear your experiences in broaching the subject with your surgeon.

carrie95376
on 7/14/20 2:32 am - tracy, CA

Hi Amy- Im wondering if the dr or insurance gave you ahard time to get the revision. Im embarrased that I got back up close to my beginning weight after 12 years but would like to look into a revision.

Most Active