Recent Posts

ladygodiva1228
on 8/17/20 8:17 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
Topic: RE: Anyone NOT solve GERD with Sleeve to RNY revision?
On August 13, 2020 at 8:52 PM Pacific Time, ktgrl8383 wrote:

I had VSG back in 2012 and developed GERD post-op. Been medicating for it daily ever since but now after 2 kids and weight gain, the daily medication is not as effective. I've read a lot about revision to RNY can help with GERD but I'm wondering if it's a pretty sure way to fix it or could it not fix it at all? Back when I was getting the Sleeve, no one was talking about GERD as a potential life-long side effect so I don't want to be uninformed again going into this. If I'm gonna go through another surgery, I want it to fix my GERD, I hate it so much.

I can't speak on the sleeve to rny, but I can tell you that I had the lapband for years and suffered horrible GERD/Reflux. In 2015 I revised to the rny and unless I eat hot and spicy food my heartburn/reflux/GERD what ever anyone wants to label it was gone when I woke up from the revision.

Now I am not saying it is a cure all, but for the majority of folks the revision seems to help them a bunch. Best of luck.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

ktgrl8383
on 8/13/20 1:52 pm
Topic: Anyone NOT solve GERD with Sleeve to RNY revision?

I had VSG back in 2012 and developed GERD post-op. Been medicating for it daily ever since but now after 2 kids and weight gain, the daily medication is not as effective. I've read a lot about revision to RNY can help with GERD but I'm wondering if it's a pretty sure way to fix it or could it not fix it at all? Back when I was getting the Sleeve, no one was talking about GERD as a potential life-long side effect so I don't want to be uninformed again going into this. If I'm gonna go through another surgery, I want it to fix my GERD, I hate it so much.

White Dove
on 8/11/20 7:14 am - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: RNY to RNY revision

The truth about revisions is that they are remarkably unsuccessful. The average weight loss with revision is 20 pounds and that is from the liquid diet before and after surgery. The only way to lose weight is by taking in less calories than you burn.

i thought I was done with diets when I had weight loss surgery. That truth is that I have been on a diet every day since. If I slack off on eating the weight comes back quickly. It is very easy for me to eat too many calories. I avoid carbs and sugars. I eat high protein foods, some vegetables, some fruit and berries and drink a lot of water. When I am in the mood to drop pounds, I follow Weigh****chers.

I weigh every morning with a smart scale, so I know my water weight as well as my overall weight. I make sure to exercise every day and to drink as much water as possible. I have had regain several times and always manage to lose it, but it is harder and slower each time. And regain is quicker and easier every year.

It is not easy, but it is worth it to me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 8/11/20 6:57 am - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: Why why why???

Two months after RNY I was eating 400 calories a day and almost all of it was from protein shakes. I started adding some low carb vegetables like lettuce at 90 days out. I had my first solid meal at four months out. It was salad and a very small serving of steak at a restaurant. At three months I also had half of a small Wendy's chili and one day I ate toppings only from a slice of pizza.

By six months after surgery, I could manage to eat 1/4 of a subway sandwich. I was shocked that I could do that. Throwing up is not a good thing to be doing. It sounds like you are trying to force yourself to eat way more than your pouch can handle now. Your pouch can probably hold about three to four ounces of food now. A food scale will help you to understand what you can comfortably eat.

If you continue to overeat, you will stretch your pouch back out. Ask your surgeon how much food your current pouch can hold and then stick to that amount. You will not live on the small amounts of food forever. Your stomach now is like a new born baby's. But it will become an adult quite quickly. In another six months, you will be able to eat much more without it making you sick. It is a good idea to take advantage of this period and lose as much weight as you can before your pouch grows bigger.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

thinkinginme
on 8/7/20 3:14 pm
Topic: RE: weight loss since revision

Hi Donna I hope I find you well with this virus around the world.

I had sleeve surgery on 2011. I start to get weight after the 4 or 5 year after surgery. Last year and in 2020 I get more and faster . I'm close to the weight that i had before. I did a consultation for a revision surgery with an other doctor and I'm waiting to see her after we have back all the test that she requested. how was your experience after revision?

regards

Alessandra

dmhellow
on 8/7/20 2:37 am
Revision on 09/04/19
Topic: Behavior therapist

Is anyone in MI in Macomb county area that knows a good behavior therapist? Thanks

hollyround2
on 8/7/20 2:18 am - Gastonia, NC
Topic: RE: Had my Apollo Overstitch revision.....

Aug 2020. Im scheduled to have the Apollo Overstitch on 09/09/2020. Any suggestions or comments in how you have done with it are appreciated.

Holly

hollyround2
on 8/7/20 2:15 am - Gastonia, NC
Topic: RE: Had my Apollo Overstitch revision.....

Well it's 2020. Im wondering how you did after your Apollo Overstitch? Im scheduled to have the surgery Sept 9, 2020.

starofegypt1
on 8/2/20 5:25 am
Topic: RE: Do I need a revision?

hi there,

I would wake up in paind in middle of stomach belly button area and i would be in the worse pain ever. It would dry here and have chills from hot to cold. I have a CT scan and it showered two hernias. My intestines would go through. You could not feel them because they were internal hernias and they are common among people who had bariatric surgery and lost a lot of weight. I had this issue for year and dealt with it. The last time in just was so bad I went to hospital. They found the hernias on CT scan. At that point almost my entire small intestines were through to my abdominal wall. Basicall they pain can come and go as the intestines would go back in place and at points come through hernias which are basically wholes.

Good luck.

Endoscopy won't show this issue

Most Active