Recent Posts

foolishgrrl_1
on 8/28/20 2:26 pm
VSG on 03/11/13
Topic: RE: Revision to bypass after sleeve

So happy to hear you are well! How different is your daily process and eating compared to the VSG?

one4sailn
on 8/28/20 12:52 pm
Revision on 06/30/20

Surgery went great! I cannot day enough about Dr. Altamirano. I am almost 60 days post op and have lost 27lbs. I learned before the procedure to be happy with a slower rate of weight loss, and I honestly am! It's not the crazy fast loss of the initial sleeve done in 2014, but Im back on track in my head and in my habits. ð?'??

foolishgrrl_1
on 8/27/20 9:12 pm
VSG on 03/11/13

How did your surgery go, and how are you doing?

catalina07
on 8/27/20 8:01 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14
Topic: RE: Dr. Shawn Garber Revision to DS or Distal

I actually went to the virtual revision seminar this week and then had my consultation on zoom. I didn't speak with Dr. Garber but Dr. Chipman from the same practice, because she is the one that does the DS surgeries.

It went well and it was informative. Their practice seems good from what I can tell so far. I like that you can make a one day appointment to get almost all of your clearances in one day with them directly. For me, she recommended I NOT revise to the full DS because this is done in 2 surgeries and the first one can be 4-5 hours (reversing the bypass). I have some health issues that make this amount of surgery not a great option. She said we could do Distalization of the common channel. I didnt know that was an option! So, I have consults with 2 other surgeons and then I'll make my decision. I am not sure about medicaid but you could definitely call to find out.

Have you spoken with anyone else in the area that revises the gastric bypasses?

Dee_Caprini
on 8/26/20 10:56 am
Topic: RE: Why why why???

When it comes to wanting to toss my cookies, I typically didn't wait to drink after I've eaten. so if there is food on my pouch, and I drink, it's coming up because there is nowhere for the liquid to go. And, no chugging! I also have noticed that if I ate too fast, I would get a bubble in my chest and have to stop. Hoping things are better for you and know that things will get better. It just takes time. Like WD stated, there were days I was working off of very minimal intake just to get something in. I have learned that having minimal calories will not be preferred, but as long as it's not prolonged (and a couple of days is not prolonged), I'll be fine.

Sending you big hugs

SuMari
on 8/26/20 10:35 am
Topic: RE: Behavior therapist

Is it covered by your insurance? are they able to provide you with a list? or, now with COVID, so many experienced pros are offering online appointments and virtual meetings so you may find one outside your state (if you have to pay out of pocket) for a really good one.

PRETTE84
on 8/23/20 7:31 pm - ROSEDALE, NY

Hi

I never went because I don't think he does revision and also I don't think he takes Medicaid because that's what I have. Can you let me know how it goes for you

catalina07
on 8/23/20 3:26 pm - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

I am considering the DS revision from bypass. I have a consultation with Dr. Garber next week. I would love to know how it turned out for you and if you are still considering or already been revised.

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Blondie65441
on 8/18/20 8:59 pm
RNY on 08/19/20
Topic: RE: Anyone NOT solve GERD with Sleeve to RNY revision?

I had a lap band for 19 years and developed severe GERD during the last year of it. It has slipped and eroded. Tomorrow morning I have RNY, and the primary purpose is to rid me forever of the GERD. It is a very effective operation toward that end. My lap band was removed in December of 2019. I had lost all of my weight with it, but after it was removed, I gained 50 lbs. So, onto the RNY. RNY should do the same for you.

catwoman7
on 8/17/20 12:06 pm
RNY on 06/03/15
Topic: RE: Anyone NOT solve GERD with Sleeve to RNY revision?

I'm not a revision, so I can't speak for myself, but I've been hanging out on this site for about six years. From what i can tell, revision to RNY (for GERD) does seem to work for most people, but like with anything, there are always a few outliers....

Most Active