Recent Posts

Ncalloway3
on 9/13/20 3:23 pm
Revision on 09/09/20
Topic: RE: Have you had a revision? If so please discuss with me!

I just had my revision 9/9/20. What protein shakes are you all using? How much have you lost so far?

SuMari
on 9/10/20 3:35 pm
Topic: RE: Why why why???

I'm sorry you are going through some difficulty. Maybe you are advancing to the next stage before your body is ready? A friend of mine who went through the process (granted, it was her first surgery and not a revision) had to stay on soft mushy foods for a few extra weeks because her pouch wanted nothing to do with solids. She also STILL doesn't feel like eating. Maybe you are experiencing something similar? I've also read that sometimes regular water is "too heavy" and once a crystal lite is added, makes things a bit "lighter" going down?

one4sailn
on 9/9/20 8:59 am
Revision on 06/30/20
Topic: RE: Revision to bypass after sleeve

Hi there! Scroll up in this thread and you'll see my response to this question. I had my revision done on June 30th and am doing well.

Vickyblu
on 9/8/20 5:37 pm
Revision on 09/28/20

I am thinking of revision to bypass after sleeve. Can anyone tell me how their experience has been after getting this surgery done and what the weight loss was about? I am looking for support on this journey

hollyround2
on 9/1/20 8:26 pm - Gastonia, NC
Topic: RE: Apollo Overstitch Revision

09/01/2020...do you mind sharing where you are today after your Apollo Overstitch? Im supposed to have it 09/09 but all these negative stories are making me think about it. My only other option is DS with Dr Portenier @Duke in NC.

hollyround2
on 9/1/20 8:21 pm - Gastonia, NC

Who was it that got his license taken away and for WHAT??

hollyround2
on 9/1/20 7:59 pm - Gastonia, NC

Could you possibly give me an update on your long term outcome of having Apollo Overstitch? I go on 09/09/2020 for it.

one4sailn
on 9/1/20 9:57 am
Revision on 06/30/20

To be honest, I feel it's easier because I've already experienced the difficulty of barely being able to consume ANYTHING post sleeve op, right? It took soooo much time to work up to the suggested amount of protein, etc. With the mini-bypass, my recovery was FAST because I could get the required food in within a couple weeks...most importantly, I was able to drink a full protein drink 3 days post op. Amazing!

You have to be very mindful with the revision, because the couple of times I have eaten too fast Or not chewed enough I have had about 30 seconds to get to the bathroom before vomiting. I n-e-v-e-r experienced that after the sleeve. You HAVE to chew extra with this procedure, so that's helpful in a way. ð??... I can't think of anything else different with the actual process beyond the chewing. It truly is helpful that my stomach was already tiny from the sleeve...

im now down 30lbs, so the scale moves but nowhere near as fast. That's a-ok with me. ð?'? I'll take all the wins, and I can SEE my body changing daily. Very happy with the procedure!

AllThatGlittersIsntGold
on 8/28/20 3:34 pm - Woodside, NY
Topic: RE: Revising from Gastric Sleeve to SADI-S

Would you be getting resleeved in the process ?

AllThatGlittersIsntGold
on 8/28/20 3:02 pm - Woodside, NY
Topic: Gastric plication revision

Hi all!

I had gastric plication back in 2014. I reached goal weight in 2015 and gained all the weight back + an additional 90 lbs since. (Yikes)

I had gastric plication originally in Mexico because my BMI was low. I am located in NJ and with two young children would prefer to stay in the tristate area.

i am meeting with Dr. Dakin and Dr. Roslin in the next two weeks. Any reviews of the above and recommendations ?

i would like to be converted to a sleeve but I am open to considering DS considering my current BMI is 49

Most Active