Recent Posts

Laney T.
on 10/7/20 10:44 am
Topic: RE: Tips and/or Tricks on how to survive the post-op liquid diet after bypass revision...anyone? HELP!

I just realized you actually included your revision surgery date as 9/30 and mine was 9/29. Woohoo!

Laney T.
on 10/7/20 10:42 am
Topic: RE: Tips and/or Tricks on how to survive the post-op liquid diet after bypass revision...anyone? HELP!

Congrats on deciding to get back on track! I am 8 days post-op myself from my RNY (Gastric Bypass) revision surgery. I had my original Gastric Bypass on 6/25/08 and I went from 247 to 118 and then at the time of my revision last week I was at 186. I know it is extremely stressful and delicate to recondition our minds and how we must think about food to succeed. I also have a 9 year old, so I can empathize with you as a parent. I was able to have my procedure done by my original surgeon and have my revisional counseling by my original nutritionist from 2008, also. Her advice has been phenomenal. I told her about my concerns staying full long periods of time. She advised me to try Premier Protein ready to drink "shakes", as they are only 160 cal, 1g of sugar, and packed with 30g of protein in 11 ounce cartons. The flavors I have tried so far are absolutely DELICIOUS and keep me full for 2-3 hours. Right now I am only drinking 1 per day, however I am increasing to 2 per day next week (at 2 weeks post-op). The flavors I have tried (and enjoy) are cookies and cream, chocolate, and strawberries and cream. They also make vanilla and caramel (and I believe a few others).

Feel free to message me if you'd like to keep in contact. It'd be nice to have a support buddy again with a revision surgery as it isn't too common to find someone at the same stage! :)

Good luck!

White Dove
on 10/6/20 3:16 pm - Warren, OH

Protein shakes, sugar-free popsicles, sugar-free Jello, bone broth, diet juices, lots of water. Some of these Eggface Protein Recipes might help.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ashrenea0221
on 10/5/20 3:58 pm
Revision on 09/30/20
Topic: Tips and/or Tricks on how to survive the post-op liquid diet after bypass revision...anyone? HELP!

Hello!

I just had my revision from the sleeve to the gastric bypass 5 days ago(9/30/20) This is 10x harder than the sleeve. I have 9 days left on this liquid diet and I am trying so hard not to cheat! Uh..I have an appetite now. After the sleeve I had pretty much no appetite at all.

I have 5 children and with this distance learning and them at home ALL DAY LONG I spend a LOT of time in the kitchen, cooking, cleaning, preparing, and serving. Cooking and not eating or tasting is SO HARD!! I am getting anxious, exasperated, and afraid that i will fail. I'm trying to get through and not cheat.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to survive this liquid diet?

summerset
on 10/3/20 11:22 pm
Topic: RE: RNY to a Lap Band over bypass...thinking of another revision.

If another revision is safe and/or useful is a question you have to discuss with an experienced surgeon.

Regarding your diet you didn't provide any information about your current diet. Do you have problems when it comes to the quality of foods, with the quantity or with both? Any allergies? Intolerances?

goddessgrrl
on 9/24/20 12:21 pm - VA
Topic: RE: Revision with Aetna during COVID?

I've been in the process of having revision to my 2012 mini-incision RNY to biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch (BPD/DS). I started the process December 2019. On the phone, Aetna is cir****pect when it comes to giving the impression they'll approve any procedure in the future. The process has been circuitous because of COVID and because Aetna pretty much wouldn't give me a straight answer. I have many comorbidities that have recurred, including insulin-dependent diabetes. I qualify for the surgery. My surgeon (who I really like) has been great but seems like he doesn't want to deal with insurance. I get it but I must have Aetna insure this revision. I finally got all the pre-surgery tests completed and submitted to my surgeon. He has a policy that if the surgery isn't paid in full a week before the surgery date, it's a $1,000 charge. I DO NOT want to pay that. But I am desperate to have this revision. I am so completely unhappy with my weight and health issues. Get busy living, or get busy dying. So day before yesterday my surgeons office contacted me and said they'd submitted his pre-evaluation letter to Aetna on my behalf, and that they set my surgery date for October 22, 2020! OH JOY! I applied for CareCredit and was approved for 2/3 of the cost of the surgery. So damn the torpedoes, I'm going to have it regardless. I'll let you know what Aetna says. Best wishes! Warmly, Kathie

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Revision2
on 9/23/20 8:12 pm
Revision on 12/13/20
Topic: RE: Revising from Gastric Sleeve to SADI-S

Have you thought of going in, and having the SADI-S revised to the DS?

i had an RNY in 1999 at 25 years old. 328 was my SW, and got to 170. 2012 I revised from RNY to DS. My pouch was made bigger than normal, and although I did get to 150 I am now back to 213. Im currently in the beginning stages of a resleeve. The weight gain is killing my body, and I'm starting to have health problems

ladygodiva1228
on 9/23/20 10:16 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
Topic: RE: Insurance Requirements Different

First thing you need to do is make sure your policy covers WLS. Then you need to see if they cover WLS revisions. Most only cover them if there was a mechanical issue with the original surgery. If you gained weight due to poor eating and there is nothing wrong with the original surgery then they may not approve a revision.

What was your original surgery? Also revisions have a lot lower weight loss than a virgin WLS surgery. Meaning you will most likely only lose 20-30lbs with the revision.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

White Dove
on 9/22/20 3:34 pm, edited 9/22/20 8:36 am - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: Revision didn?t go as planned

I concentrate on calories. With Weigh****chers, I do their points system, but it is roughly 50 calories per point. So 20 points is about 1000 calories a day.

Go to the RNY board and there will be a new post every day.

This is some information about the extended RNY that he was going to do. After you read it, you might be glad you did not get it. I have heard it described as the worst possible RNY.

Extended RNY

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active