Recent Posts

keatmon81
on 11/7/20 3:39 pm
Topic: RE: Which insurance companies approved your revision?

Hi,would you mind me asking what was needed to get it approved. My insurance company requested more information before approval.

AllThatGlittersIsntGold
on 10/31/20 4:15 pm - Woodside, NY

They are obligated to follow a legal turnaround time. I am with Cigna and I knew they have 30 days to respond but they responded with 5 business days. I was denied, had a peer to peer, resubmitted, and approved all within a month's time.

AllThatGlittersIsntGold
on 10/31/20 4:11 pm - Woodside, NY
White Dove
on 10/29/20 7:43 pm - Warren, OH

It took over a month for my approval for my RNY. The company had a board that met once a month to approve surgeries. My request happened to get submitted the day after they met for that month. Call the number on your insurance card and ask for a status update.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Alrightvw
on 10/28/20 1:13 pm - NY
Topic: Which insurance companies approved your revision?

I had my RNY gastric bypass in 2005. I lost 120 pounds and kept most of it off until about 6 years ago...started creeping up and up. Tried all the diets and have decided to go for a revision. I visited my same surguery group, New York Bariatric Group, and went through all of my testing over the summer. Now waiting on approval & surgery date. Been waiting for a MONTH. I have NYSHIP. Any thoughts?

Erin

White Dove
on 10/22/20 8:57 pm - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: Ready for a revision

That is wonderful. Thanks for the update.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

christian0728
on 10/22/20 1:04 pm - Easton, MD
Topic: RE: Ready for a revision

Major Update!

Sooooooo..... shortly after I posted about my band slipping, I got a surgery date of 7/13/20 for lapband to gasric bypass revision and as of today I have lost 56 lbs!!! I am so glad I got the surgery. The insurance approved one surgery to do for all and I only spent one night in the hospital.

Have a blessed day!!
Neongem
on 10/16/20 6:15 pm - East Patchogue, NY
Topic: RE: Dr. Shawn Garber Revision to DS or Distal

I would love to hear how you're doing... I had gastric bypass with a surgeon from Dr. Garber's practice back in 2007. Lost 123 .... kept most of it off for several years but it crept back on and as of now I've gained a little over half back. I went through the whole process to get approved for band over bypass and was denied by insurance, even after all of the appeals, so I gave up. To hear there is another possible revision is exciting... please let me know if you got the revision and how you are doing.

Laney T.
on 10/7/20 10:51 am
Topic: RE: Tips and/or Tricks on how to survive the post-op liquid diet after bypass revision...anyone? HELP!

Awww, anytime! I hope your day gets even better. Cheer up hun, you're going to feel wonderful again once you can establish a real routine again. The first few weeks always suck so bad and can feel lonely. That's why I came back on O.H. :)

Ashrenea0221
on 10/7/20 10:48 am
Revision on 09/30/20
Topic: RE: Tips and/or Tricks on how to survive the post-op liquid diet after bypass revision...anyone? HELP!

Thank you so much for your advice and support! I swear...today is not my day. But you just made it a little bit better. THANK YOU!

Most Active