Recent Posts

Brenda2000
on 8/2/23 4:02 am
Topic: RE: Anyone tried Wegovy for regain?

Hi there Tia! I had my RNY bypass back in 2000. The last 9 years I have consistently gained 6 pounds a year. I feel I need a revision to retighten the anastomosis. Food goes in and is in the toilet 10-20 minutes later. I never have a full satisfied feeling like I used to. I am scheduling an appointment today with a Bariatric Surgeon to discuss. I too was curious about Wegovy and I will do it if I can get it prescribed. My daughter had the gastric sleeve a few years ago (5 I am thinking) and her surgeon suggested she go on the semaglutide/B12 compound (same drug family). She was starting to gain weight back and was panicking. She had such awesome results, that she has already consulted with a surgeon for a mommy make over and has it scheduled. So I am praying that having my revision (which can be done via an EGD, no surgery) and using the semaglutide shots that I will be back to my happy weight of 147. Pre-bariatric Surgery I was 267 then down to 138 settled in at 147, stayed there for years till 9 years ago. Now I am back to 200# and freaking out.

I don't know if this helped you any, but I wish you all the best.

Brenda

waarce
on 7/31/23 5:43 pm - Pasadena, CA
Topic: 18 years after my RNY

Have not been here in a long time. Currently I am suffering from kidney failure and need to lose weight so I can qualify for a kidney transplant. My nephrologist referred for consultation with the bariatric surgeon for an evaluation and, a whole bunch of blood tests, urging tests and poop test were done. I am trying to get this expedited because I don't know for how long my kidneys will continue to work. I do have a living donor but, can be considered for a transplant if the transplant center doesn't clear me. I had my gastric bypass in 02/2005 and low over 175 pounds. Those were the best times but then I started to gain weight again until I reached a high of 293 lbs. So in order to have a life saving kidney transplant I need to lose a whole bunch of weigh. I did lose 34 pounds on my own but is still not enough. The only I know is that I have made and paid my funeral arrangements since I don't know if I am going to survive. I am pushing to have the revision sooner rather than later so I can try to get a transplant.

Member Services
on 7/7/23 11:35 am, edited 9/25/23 7:27 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Dr. Now from "My 600-lb Life" will deliver Keynote at #OH2023!

We're thrilled to announce the return of Dr. Younan Nowzaradan (aka Dr. Now from "My 600-lb Life") as Keynote Speaker & Fireside Chat guest for #OH2023! Get ready for an extraordinary session filled with invaluable insights only Dr. Now can bring! It is an honor to have him join us to help celebrate our 25th Anniversary; as part of the celebration, use promo code DRNOW25 for a $25 discount on your conference tickets. Click here for more details!

For more information about the 2023 ObesityHelp National Conference, including details on the agenda, speakers, and ticket availability, visit https://www.obesityhelp.com/events

Geni2016
on 7/4/23 5:03 pm
Topic: Pittsburgh revisions

Hi! Was wondering if anyone knew of a doctor around Pittsburgh that would do revision. I had an RNY in October 2003 which was highly successful, however the last 5 years I put on weight again (50 from my lowest weight). If anyone can help or provide info and referrals I would deeply appreciate it. Thank you!

brownamber6942
on 6/29/23 4:02 pm
Topic: Anybody in Virginia researching revision surgery?

Looking for anyone in the Northern Virginia area, who is considering revision surgery?

Sassybuffalogal
on 6/27/23 11:49 pm
Revision on 01/02/23
Topic: RE: Revision providers in Buffalo NY?

Dr Butsch at Buffalo General's Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery is scheduled to do a revision on me due to excessive reflux from the gastric sleeve. Back in 2008 I got a lap band. It prolapsed and was removed in 2016 and I was given a gastric sleeve. Now my sleeve will be converted to a bypass and hopefully help my diabetes and reflux.

kemartin1
on 6/27/23 12:42 am - Tyrone, GA
Revision on 06/17/23
Topic: RE: Should I look into a Revision?

That is great glad to see that you are making progress

catwoman7
on 6/26/23 8:15 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

they CAN revise RNY to a DS, but it's a very complicated surgery that only a handful of surgeons are capable of doing. They have to completely reverse your RNY, then do a sleeved stomach, and then bypass most of your small intestine. Probably better to do what you're doing now, esp since you I think you said you only have 60 lbs to lose. And yes - the closer you are to a normal BMI, the slower it goes. It came off so much faster when I weighed over 300 lbs!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

alhawkes
on 6/26/23 12:14 pm

I went back to my Bariatric Doctor and apparently I have the Gold Standard. Not much you can revise. So I joined a program that has coaching, blood work, a diet plan and they work with your insurance to cover GPL-1 medications. I have been on the program for 5 months and I have lost 15lbs. It's slow, but it should be, so that eventually it is sustainable.

kemartin1
on 6/24/23 1:13 pm - Tyrone, GA
Revision on 06/17/23

So what happened? Did you get the revision?

Most Active