Recent Posts

KrissyKooKoo
on 12/9/20 7:13 pm
RNY on 07/22/19
Topic: RE: Tips and/or Tricks on how to survive the post-op liquid diet after bypass revision...anyone? HELP!

I had the revision a year ago from VSG to RNY. I hate my RNY because I have no restriction compared to the sleeve. With the sleeve I couldn't even eat what I measured, but with RNY I could eat what I measure and more. In order to lose weight you need to battle the mental portion and tell yourself cheating isn't an option ð??"

KrissyKooKoo
on 12/9/20 7:11 pm
RNY on 07/22/19
Topic: RE: HELP...revision questions

I had VSG in 2014, and then had to get a revision to RNY last year for GERD. I personally hate RNY and wish I didn't have to get it. Compared to the sleeve it feels like no restriction because it's not a high pressure system. The weight loss from the surgery itself is minimal. I was at 200 when I had the revision and got down to about 190 from having the revision itself. After that I had to go back to basics (high protein, low carb, regular exercise, tracking food) and now that I've done that I've lost another 20 lbs and still losing. My surgeon won't do revisions to RNY for weight loss because it's minimal

KrissyKooKoo
on 12/9/20 7:07 pm
RNY on 07/22/19
Topic: RE: Revision Options - RNY 2007

I had a revision from VSG to RNY last year. I lost about 15 lbs from the surgery itself and then my weight stopped moving. I had to go back to basics and be super strict with my diet and exercise to lose anything after that.

ladygodiva1228
on 12/9/20 5:09 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
Topic: RE: Revision Guidance

First off the overstitch or ROSE procedure or what every they are calling it is a waste. You get maybe 20-30lbs weight loss, but then gain that back. Cigna (as I have them) does not cover procedures like that as they are still considered experimental. Plus they can be a ***** to get an approval for a revision.

Weight gain really comes down to what and how much you are eating. What does your daily menu look like? Are you measuring/weighing what you eat? Are you eating carbs or dense protein? How much water/liquids are you drinking? Are you drinking with your meals or right after?

There are some on here who have gained and were able to lose it again just by eating the correct foods and amounts.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

White Dove
on 12/8/20 5:33 am - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: Revision Options - RNY 2007

We do have a revision board. The problem with revisions is that people almost never come back and tell us the results. The average weight loss with a revision is twenty pounds. But some people take it as a new opportunity to buckle down and lose weight. They can work hard at it and lose all of their excess weight.

You do need to talk to a weight loss surgeon and see what your options are. Some will make the pouch smaller or tighten the opening at the end of the pouch. Others do procedures that change the intestines. Find out what the surgeon does and what the surgery will be like to live with long term.

I would ask to talk to some of the surgeon's patients and find out how much they lost and what issues came with the surgery that they had. Then you can make an informed decision and one that you can have success with.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Candice T.
on 12/7/20 1:03 am - Charlotte, NC
Topic: Revision Options - RNY 2007

Hi guys!! I haven't posted in many years but wanted to see if this was still a resource in the WLS community.

RNY 2007- lost about 125lbs because the surgery works. I am now back to 300lbs. My dad died 3 months after my surgery and I embarked on a long journey finding alcohol as a coping solution. I am embarking on almost 3 years of sobriety and have done a ton of head and spiritual work. I also just turned 40 and find it extremely difficult to loose weight... keto is my preferred plan.

What revision options are best and why for RNY?

Would love to hear your successes or challenges!

Thanks in advance!

“Kindness is more than deeds. It is an attitude, an expression, a look, a touch. It is anything that lifts another person.”

Lamoura
on 12/6/20 8:51 pm
VSG on 01/27/14
Topic: RE: Anyone sleeved and re-sleeved?

Hi there, Nika. Did you get the resleeve? Or plication? I'm heading into a resleeve on the 10th (next week). I had my VSG in 2014 and went from 150 at highest to 140 at lowest. I loved it. I maintained for 150lb for about 5.5 years, then started regain over the last 1.5 years of around 25-30 pounds because I have no restriction anymore. I want to nip that in the bud, so I'm getting a resleeve. I feel like I need a tune-up! Anyway, I'd love to hear what you decided to get and how you are doing. Thanks.

Virginia20
on 12/6/20 2:02 pm
RNY on 05/11/14
Topic: Revision Guidance

Hi, I had RNY in 2014. Highest weight was about 240. Got down to 150. I am now able to eat much more and I have been gaining over the past 2 years. I'm up to 195 and freaking out. I have seen my original surgeon about this twice. Both times he had me get imaging done and said it was normal. He wants me to come to the office and eat in front of him. That would be fine, but I know that will make me anxious and zap my appetite. I went to another doctor who doesn't accept insurance and he recommended overstitch. It's ~$6,000 though, and I don't think I can come up with that amount in the near future. Does anyone have any recommendations about how I can get some sort of revision approved by a doctor who accepts insurance?? My insurance is Cigna BTW.

Plentyofbugs01
on 12/1/20 10:32 am
Topic: RE: Weight loss Success from VSG to RNY revision?

Hello, I too got a gastric sleeve years ago. About 4-5 years ago. I would like to get he duodenal switch, but am unsure as to what will happen. I just had my endoscopy and the doctor said that it was dilated and recommended a wedge gastrectomy. I was also told that I have a hernia. I am waiting to see if I will be able to move towards the duodenal switch in a few days.

Happyloser41
on 11/18/20 9:36 am
Most Active