Recent Posts

Sunshinez
on 12/27/20 10:51 am
RNY on 03/15/10 with
Topic: RE: Stomaphyx in Phoenix and needing info

Hi!! This post is pretty old. I had gastric bypass in 2010 and looking into revision. How did it go for you?

Grahamco
on 12/18/20 11:55 am
Topic: BCBS denial-revision

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield federal. I had gastric bypass in 2004 and lost 100 pounds. Now I've gained all of that back and was looking to do a revision. However the insurance company denied me because with the initial procedure I lost at least 50% of my excess weight. The surgeon has already done a peer to peer and it was still denied. Has anyone else dealt with this

catwoman7
on 12/17/20 10:44 am
RNY on 06/03/15
Topic: RE: Tips and/or Tricks on how to survive the post-op liquid diet after bypass revision...anyone? HELP!

I have a virgin RNY, so not quite the same - but - not all RNY'ers dump. The statistic that gets thrown around here a lot which sounds pretty realistic to me (based on my 6-ish years of hanging around on this site) is that about 30% of us dump. Which means 70% of us don't...

also, you never lose as much weight - or as quickly - with revisions as you do with virgin surgeries. But as long as your weight is gradually trending downward, you're good.

kbentz0501
on 12/15/20 1:26 pm
Revision on 11/02/20
Topic: RE: Tips and/or Tricks on how to survive the post-op liquid diet after bypass revision...anyone? HELP!

I am 7 weeks revision to RNY from sleeve. I am so glad I saw this because I was wondering why I can eat so much no restriction!! I do not have dumping syndrome and I've literally only lost 10 pounds in a month. What's the deal?! I have stuck to the diet 100%

White Dove
on 12/13/20 7:40 am - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: Revision Guidance

Almost everyone gains back 20 pounds during year three. About 50% regain 50 pounds by year five.

The body becomes much more efficient at absorbing calories. So the only way to lose the weight is by eating less and moving more. Revisions only work if you eat less and move more.

I accept the fact that I will be on a diet for the rest of my life. There is no maintenance phase. If I slack off, I gain weight.

Get yourself a smart scale. It will tell you your weight, body fat, BMI, muscle weight, and water weight. Be aware of all of those measurements. Weigh****chers is an excellent place to start your weight loss process. Their points system will show you how to lose weight without having to eliminate any foods.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

KrissyKooKoo
on 12/10/20 10:51 am
RNY on 07/22/19
Topic: RE: Any regrets on revision from sleeve to bypass? Anything I need to know?

I was on zofran for the first 6 months. I still can't tell when I'm full til a half hour after I eat when I'm in pain. I've just been under eating and not relying on the feeling of fullness

Kristie B.
on 12/10/20 10:48 am - Surprise, AZ
Topic: RE: Any regrets on revision from sleeve to bypass? Anything I need to know?

I ended up going though with the revision on Nov 9. I'm struggling to find when I'm full. I don't get the runny nose or sneeze or the tightness that lets me know that was my last bite. The only alert I seem to get is when I've eaten too much and then I'm nauseated and have pain and then 9x out of 10 will throw up. So far it has helped the GERD but I'm having other complications so I'm not back to work yet.

Kristie

VSG 12/08/08

RNY 11/09/20

KrissyKooKoo
on 12/9/20 7:20 pm
RNY on 07/22/19
Topic: RE: Revision to bypass after sleeve

I had the revision a year ago and lost 10 slow and painful pounds from it. To lose any more than that I had to go back to basics (logging food, high protein, low carb, regular exercise)

KrissyKooKoo
on 12/9/20 7:18 pm
RNY on 07/22/19
Topic: RE: Weight loss Success from VSG to RNY revision?

Hey! Not sure if this will still help but my surgeon won't perform revisions to RNY from VSG unless it's due to a complication. This is because weight loss is minimal from the revision. I lost about 10 lbs from mine and then had to go back to basics to lose any more than that

KrissyKooKoo
on 12/9/20 7:16 pm
RNY on 07/22/19

Hi! I had the revision from VSG to RNY for the same reasons. I personally regret it. The sleeve is such a high pressure system that you feel very full while eating. The pyloric valve is wide open with RNY so you don't have the pressure that I learned to associate with fullness. I will say it stopped my GERD (unless I go too long without eating, then I'll get heartburn). I also can't tolerate sugar now which I'm fine with

Most Active