Recent Posts

LosingSally
on 2/4/21 9:43 pm, edited 2/4/21 1:45 pm
Topic: RE: Revision Guidance

Look up "pouch rules for dummies". I have used this list of rules for 15 years. I have gained then lost about 15 lbs through the years. If you are eating toomuch, what happens is you stretch the stoma, the surgical opening connecting your pouch to your small intestines. Then you have your small intestines available to pack full, since food slides through the pouch easily.

I'm not trying to be mean, just explaining the situation if we overeat. So eating any kind of meat, and then veggies only is the first part of the plan. Don't drink with meals or immediately after. No excuses. No carbs, no fruit, no sugar, no sodas, no milk, no shakes, no dry peas or beans. No carbs, cereal, bread, rolls, rice, crackers, noodles, ice cream.

If you must have fruit, eat only apples and pears with the peels on, they take longer to digest. Eat them in small quantities after eating meat.

Eat very small meals. Eat out of a saucer. Eat snacks like an ounce of cheese and 2 tablespoons of almonds. Deli turkey rolled around firm cheese. Check out some Lean Cuisine, some are 160 calories or 180 with about 10-16 carbs. These are for maybe 4 times a week to break things up. Eat eggs with tuna and light mayo. Grilled chicken ground beef, or steak with low carb veggies. Just eat the meat first. Only use about 4-5 ounces of meat or chicken. Fish is excellent because of no carbs.

Plan your meals and snacks by the week. Check specials at the grocery store so you can afford to eat the way you need to eat. If you have family living with you, prepare them the same meals, just larger portions if they don't have any weight problems, and add just enough carbs for their serving. do not over cook meals unless you can resist and refrigerate for your lunch tomorrow. I am thankful my husband was very considerate when I stopped buying and cooking sweets. I also kept chips and snack crackers out of the house.

I hope this is helpful. If I can help you in any way, please ask. Maybe I missed something but can't think of it right now.

Best wishes.

rows4u
on 2/4/21 12:55 pm
Revision on 03/11/13
Topic: Revision from RNY bypass to Distal bypass-Question

I just got an approval letter to do the distal bypass surgery. Has anyone gone from a RNY Bypass to a distal bypass. If so can you tell me the good, bad, and ugly. All the things that the doctor may not have told me. I'd like to get some real life experiences and views from people. Thank you for your help.

Looking4home
on 1/29/21 12:17 am
Revision on 04/05/19
Topic: RE: BCBS denial-revision

Hi

It has been a month. Any progress on your revision? I hope things are going well for you!

Looking4home
on 1/28/21 4:50 pm
Revision on 04/05/19
Topic: Revisión 2021

Hi

I am working towards having revision from my sleeve to? Has anyone had revision and happy with results? "If yes" What did you revise to, how much weight have you lost and how long has it been since your revision?

New year New chance ?

Thank you for responding in advance!

tracyringo
on 1/13/21 12:04 pm
VSG on 08/09/17
Topic: RE: Anyone NOT solve GERD with Sleeve to RNY revision?

I had revision and still have GERD. The good news is I went from erosive esophagitis D to A after revising back in May. I still take my PPI too and the caraffete. I dont have the burning all day long like before so that is better too.

melissajeffrey
on 1/12/21 8:28 pm
Topic: RE: Why why why???

Great inspiration.

icej2003
on 1/12/21 12:37 pm - Belleville, IL
RNY on 08/03/16
Topic: RE: Have you had a revision? If so please discuss with me!

If you don't mind me asking where did you have your first surgery Donetsk what insurance....I live in Illinois but went through Washington university and currently in the process of getting a revision or DS...I have an appointment for surfer on in April

Mary H.
on 1/11/21 11:11 am - Gray Court, SC
Topic: RE: Tips and/or Tricks on how to survive the post-op liquid diet after bypass revision...anyone? HELP!

That is the hardest part of having a RNY done. We had to be on a liquid diet for one month prior to our surgery, not just after it. Six days before my surgery, it was canceled due to cir****tances not my fault and I had to remain on the liquids until they rescheduled it. I was originally scheduled for Oct.18 and it ended up being Oct. 31, Halloween. I thought I was going to die. I was determined to stick with it and by the time my surgery day came I didn't care about food or even drinking anything. I had no desire to eat after my surgery which was a good thing since I had to be on clear liquids for an additional 3 weeks. I felt like I would never be able to eat real food again. You must be very careful to allow your stomach to heal. I have heard of some ending back in the hospital due to eating and causing a leak in their pouch. Staying busy and letting someone else do the cooking will help. I am fortunate, my husband is the cook in the family. Full liquids came next and my first taste of real food was two tablespoons of strained cream of broccoli soup. That stage lasted two weeks then came pureed foods. I pretty much stuck with the full liquids since I have a issue with food texture and baby food texture is not my thing. I couldnt blend meats and veggies and eat them without gagging. By the time I got to real food I didn't have the desire to eat. Unfortunately that didn't last long. I wish you luck, the end result of being miserable for a while is worth it.

Mary H.
on 1/11/21 10:46 am - Gray Court, SC
Topic: RE: Revision Options - RNY 2007

Sorry that was suppose to be 2006. Didn't notice the typo till I hit send.

Mary H.
on 1/11/21 10:44 am - Gray Court, SC
Topic: RE: Revision Options - RNY 2007

My WLS physician made it clear that there would be no revisions done if we gained our weight back. He said that the revision does not work and any weight loss is minimal at best. I had my RNY done in 2005, I have gained a total of 20 pounds from my lowest weight after surgery. He said that 20 pounds gained back was actually the norm for most people. Everyone, with the exception of one person, that I became friends with during my journey, have gained all of the weight back and some even more than their original weight. I can eat normal, but I know my limitations and what not to eat. I have been struggling for the past 2 years to drop the 20 pounds but it is not coming off. Exercise, dieting, nothing has made that scale move. So I have come to the conclusion my body wants to stay where I am now and I need to accept it. Good luck but I would seriously reconsider trying a revision.

Most Active