Recent Posts

Inannarf6
on 3/7/18 12:53 am
Topic: RE: Feeling hopeless

Thank you. I have not tried the pouch test. I will try that. ?

dcopehp
on 3/6/18 10:09 pm - New York, NY
Topic: RE: Step 1 complete!! Meeting my surgeon this week!!

That's exciting! Glad it's all working out!

dcopehp
on 3/6/18 10:08 pm - New York, NY
Topic: RE: Feeling hopeless

It is so easy to feel shame and take ALL of the blame for regaining weight. I'm in the process of getting a revision from an RNY to a DS and it took awhile to understand that it's ok to have failed.

Obesity is the ONLY disease where the medical community and insurance company only wants to treat once. Imagine if they refused to treat someone who had a second heart attack because they didn't exercise.

Blue Cross actually addresses this in their policy saying obesity is like any other disease. Some people will need multiple treatments to be successful.

i hope you are able to look for an insurance policy that will pay for a revision or conversion. Until then, have you tried something like the 5-day pouch test to help shrink your pouch?

Also, if you have insurance, you might say you are having a burning sensation your insurance will pay for an endoscopy which would tell you if you have a fistula or any other problem that might also contributed to your weight gain.

good luck!

Inannarf6
on 3/6/18 8:18 pm
Topic: Feeling hopeless

Hi everyone,

i am new to this group. I had RNY in 2011. I lost 90 pounds. I have since gained 55. I feel like a failure and just feel hopeless. The Dr. That did my surgery does not do gastric bypass anymore and will not see me. The support gruop in my area is no longer happening. I would love to have another surgery knowing what I know now I feel I would be much more successful. My insurance won't cover it though. Any suggestions.

Johari22
on 3/6/18 7:30 pm - San Antonio, TX
Topic: RE: Sleeve to Bypass Revision

Glad to read that you are doing much better. I too am suffering from GERD. Was also advised to get the bypass.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
A negative mind will never give you a POSITIVE result!
5' 8"
HW 292, SW 280, CW 270.0

Johari22
on 3/6/18 5:55 pm - San Antonio, TX
Topic: RE: VBG Revision in Texas

Hello,

Have you visited this site www.bmioftexas.com I'm going here for my revision.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
A negative mind will never give you a POSITIVE result!
5' 8"
HW 292, SW 280, CW 270.0

jennie8675309
on 3/6/18 12:57 pm
Topic: RE: My doctor's office faxed the paper work to BCBS Federal tonight.

Hi Virgie, I have Blue Cross of Minnesota. I was wondering what requirements you had to have to get approved. I know it's not the exact same insurance. I am looking to convert from Sleeve to RNY, I have gone through a new program with a new surgeon and am just waiting for the coordinator to call me to let me know if it's been submitted or not. I am so worried they won't approve. I regained 81 lbs (that is after I lost some weight in their program requirements for the surgeon). I have acid reflux. I am praying this gets approved and that I can try to lost the 81 pounds of regain. :)

babettes_feast
on 3/6/18 10:51 am
Topic: RE: Gastric Bypass to a Duodenal Switch

I completely understand your panic, especially as regards your children. Maternal instinct trumps everything! That said, you have plenty of time to do what you need to to make moving forward comfortable for you. You have time to draw up a simple will that names guardians for the children. I know that might sound scary but it's a total relief once it's done Remember: whether you have complications in surgery or not, everyone of us lives with the uncertainty about our own death every day. You could get hit by a truck, etc....

Onto having the surgery. I don't know your numbers but I'm assuming you want to get healthy. That's the best gift you can give your children and I yourself. I stress yourself because as mothers we are *always* putting others first often at our own expense.

Maybe instead of thinking about 2-3 weeks from now you should envision where you want to be in 1 year, 5 years, etc., and what you need to do to get there. Maybe the best thing you can do for your children is to have the surgery.

Lunachick
on 3/6/18 7:35 am
Topic: Step 1 complete!! Meeting my surgeon this week!!

Hello all,

Just a quick update on the Revision Surgery journey. The surgeon that placed my Lapband doesn't do RNY so I had to transfer to a new clinic and surgeon. I received news yesterday that the new clinic is accepting the transfer. This is great news because they think my insurance will cover otherwise they wouldn't have taken me. YAY!!!! I meet my surgeon this Thursday and then next Monday I meet with the PA and the Dietitian. After that, then I will need to start my counseling through my insurance company which is a pre-requisite before submitting my case to insurance - this is likely to take 10 weeks or so. Things are moving along now. I am soooo looking forward to my revision!!

Thanks!!

Most Active