Recent Posts

Bridisskinnyy
on 3/8/18 5:24 pm
RNY on 02/23/18
Topic: Sleeve to RNY Issues

I had the sleeve 3/24/17 and was so successful. Got almost to goal weight but had developed reflux. I had a revision to bypass on 2/23/18. Recovery is terrible so far. And yes, I've discussed all of this with my surgeon but he says this is temporary. For some reason, I don't believe that.

I was progressed to full liquids at 3 days po. I wasn't able to tolerate so went back to clear. At 10 days po I was progressed to purée. Mind you, the only way I've been able to go to the bathroom is with an enema. I was diagnosed with IBS-C after my sleeve. But it's worse than ever. I've been out on Linzess to help with that issue. So back to my diet, I'm now on liquids because I can't tolerste anything. My water intake is great because that's the only thing that doesn't nauseate me. I'm on alternating doses of Phenegran and Zofran. I'm now on more meds and more of a medical regimen than ever in my life. Not to mention, I just feel like crap. Will this subside or is this my new norm with the bypass? The dr said that I would hardly have any differences from the sleeve recovery to the bypass recovery, boy was he wrong! I just need hope at this point that this isn't my new life now.

peachpie
on 3/8/18 12:25 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15
Topic: RE: Going from Lapband to DS...

I'm neither a revision or a DS or lap band patient- so I'm not on the same ride as you, but are you calling your inability to keep food down dumping syndrome? I've never really heard the term dumping syndrome associated with the band. Reflux, or regurgitation, from a tight band/scar tissue is more common.

Are you susre your surgeon will do the entire DS procedure in one operation? I've heard many who want to sleeve you first, then follow-up with the 2nd part of the procedure. A Sleeve could leave you with continued reflux though.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

hollykim
on 3/8/18 8:21 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Topic: RE: Gastric Bypass to a Duodenal Switch
On March 7, 2018 at 11:28 PM Pacific Time, Solomomof2 wrote:

You were hospitalized for 5 days!! Omg I thought it was in one day and out the next like the first time. Did they remove your gallbladder? Was the surgery 6 hours? I'm a single mom with 2 kids. I can't be hospitalized for 5 days. Ughh..I wish I had known that before spending so much money on this and driving 2.5 hours to Raleigh every month for 6 months.

her experience being in the hospital for 5 days may not be your experience.

That is a question for your surgeon.

hnolan37
on 3/8/18 6:54 am
VSG on 02/02/15
Topic: RE: Has anyone had revision from Sleeve to Bypass?

hi

I am wondering about this I am trying to get a revision surgery from sleeve to bypass but my doctor is not sure cigna will cover this I have stomach ulcers after I got my endoscopy will this be enough for insurance to cover this?

Tyreebme
on 3/7/18 3:55 pm
Topic: Going from Lapband to DS...

I'm looking to converse with people willing to share the ins and outs. ups and downs of the revision. Me and my Surgeon won't set a date til about April. But im sooo tired of the Dumping Syndrome. Ive had it for ten years. And my daughter is getting older and wants to do things with me. So I'm trying to do stuff with her til she gets to the point she doesn't want to hang with her parents. Plus my band has not worked in year. majority my fault. But Everything I needed to eat, I could never keep down. Its been years since I've been on this site, And hoping to connect with people on the same ride as me.

Solomomof2
on 3/7/18 3:28 pm
DS on 03/21/18

You were hospitalized for 5 days!! Omg I thought it was in one day and out the next like the first time. Did they remove your gallbladder? Was the surgery 6 hours? I'm a single mom with 2 kids. I can't be hospitalized for 5 days. Ughh..I wish I had known that before spending so much money on this and driving 2.5 hours to Raleigh every month for 6 months.

Pebbless611
on 3/7/18 1:05 pm
Revision on 01/29/18
Topic: RE: How did you decide it was time for a revision?

Hi, I was also a wei...wa..hers yoyo and not a big gym goer. I had a GBP 13 yrs ago and I knew after years of yoyo syndrome gaining 80lbs back seeing diabetes creeping up joint back and muscle pain, depression and not wanting to go places It was time for me to get healthy. This is a big decision that only you can make for yourself. I had a revision 1/29/18 and I feel so much healthier than I did! For me it was about being healthier, the perk is looking alot thinner and feeling better about myself. Its not a decision to make for an event coming up...its a lifelong commitment of vitamins...I researched it and traveled 2 hours to Dr. Roslin in NY to have the best surgeon for the surgery. He teaches this all over the world, and that helped me feel better about deciding, because I was really scared. I hope whatever you decide you have health and happiness always!? Sincerely, Wendy

Pebbless611
on 3/7/18 12:46 pm
Revision on 01/29/18

Hi I completely understand you! I can tell you my experience and you can decide for you. I had a GBP 13 years ago and gained back 80 lbs. I decided after being in pain with my back and joints and then diabetes started which when i was thin wasn't an issue and also sleep apnea...snoring that people in China could hear me. I was depressed and just felt awful. I looked at all option and my medical Dr. said a lapband is a patch to the problem but a revision is fixing it. I then went to Dr Roslin in NY who travels the world teaching DS. He told me all risks and benefits...he also told me...ITS YOUR Decision and if you decide to go ahead with it then think positive and think of how it will affect you in a positive way. I really was terrified and thought about this for awhile before going forward. My surgery was 1/29/18. I did exactly was I was told to do, no exceptions! I will be on vitamins everyday for the rest of my life, but I am fine with that. I was scared to death, but desperate and wanted to be healthier for my kids and granddaughters. I had pain but not worse than the 1st surgery and it was alot of gas. They gave me pain meds by day 3... I was on Tylenol and doing ok. My difficult issue was gas. I was out of the hospital bed the morning of the second day. Its not fun the 1st week but day 5... I was released and with my pillow traveled home in a car 2 hours to PA. and didn't need pain meds. Its YOUR decision...I wish you health and success in life!! I hope this was helpful Sincerely, Wendy

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/18 5:49 am
VSG on 03/01/18
Topic: RE: Feeling hopeless

Good Morning. You are not a failure. You have only gained half the weight back, so you're half way there. I have heard of a pouch reset, I think it's done by a liquid diet for a few days. You may want a do-over, relive the honeymoon stage of losing. We all want a do over of some sort and very rarely get it. But this do over you can give yourself. With the same will we do yhe liquid diet with before surgery or before a colonoscopy. I always wondered how I could exhibit so much will power for a medical procedure but not to lose unwanted weight.

But I should put a disclaimer right here, lol. I have'nt had surgery yet & am a newbie here.

ladygodiva1228
on 3/7/18 5:49 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
Topic: RE: Feeling hopeless
On March 7, 2018 at 4:18 AM Pacific Time, Inannarf6 wrote:

Hi everyone,

i am new to this group. I had RNY in 2011. I lost 90 pounds. I have since gained 55. I feel like a failure and just feel hopeless. The Dr. That did my surgery does not do gastric bypass anymore and will not see me. The support gruop in my area is no longer happening. I would love to have another surgery knowing what I know now I feel I would be much more successful. My insurance won't cover it though. Any suggestions.

Ok what does your daily menu look like? Are you tracking/weighing/measuring what you eat? How is your vitamin and water intake?

Unless there is something truly wrong with your original surgery most surgeons will not revise.

I would like to suggest getting back to basics. I have seen folks on here who have had big regains go back to the dense protein, tracking everything and making sure their water and vitamins are in check and lose the regain. It is a bit harder further out, but it is 100% possible.

I highly suggest looking at this site https://fivedaymeattest.com/sample-menu/sample-2-working-on- regain/ and this one world according to eggface

Good Luck

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Most Active