Recent Posts

cuttinojo
on 3/13/18 8:52 am
Revision on 04/04/18
Topic: RE: Overstitch and Insurance Approval

I had RNY 10/31/2005 hoping to have a revision my Doc did my EGD 2/14/18 and he told me that my pouch has completely stretched and something with the Stoma he said 2 things and they can be fixed. went back for my appt the following week he suggest that I get Lapband he said that way I can control how my weight. the band can get tightened or loosened. I have cigna and the coordinator who sends off the things to the insurance told me that Cigna only requires one psych visit and 4 dietitian visit I already had 2 my next one is 3/19/18.

kimiam
on 3/12/18 6:39 pm - riverside, CA
Topic: RE: FEAR OF FAILURE? Band to Sleeve

You sound so similar to me . I was nevertheless interested in bypass , I thought it was too much too invasive etc . I spoke with my surgeon and he was good about leaving all my options on the table he really wanted me to decide , I felt I couldn't trust my judgment because at 1 time I really believed the band was the by option for me and it so wasn't ! Anyway I finally got his opinion he is recommending the rny . Bitten line we all deserve to be happy and healthy and comfortable in our own skin . Do you , seek out answers don't let fear win

AnaliaM
on 3/12/18 4:34 pm - Miami, FL
Topic: Drain Tube? Catheter? Anyone?

Did you have a drain tube after surgery and how long did you have it? I had a catheter and they removed it the day after surgery, totally painless.

Tomorrow is my one week post-op appointment and I'm hoping they will remove the drain tube.

But, I've heard that removing the drain tube is another story. Can anyone tell me, please, how bad is the pain?

kimiam
on 3/12/18 12:10 pm - riverside, CA
Topic: RE: Paperwork submitted for revision

How long did it take to get approval?

kimiam
on 3/12/18 11:49 am - riverside, CA
Topic: RE: Step 1 complete!! Meeting my surgeon this week!!

Good luck! I have been jumping through hoops trying to get my revision , hopefully they submit to insurance this week , then wait and see .

GRANDMAr
on 3/12/18 9:52 am
VSG on 10/21/16
Topic: RE: Sleeve to RNY Issues

FIRST, PLEASE PARDON ALL CAPS. MY FINGERS HURT AND THIS IS EASIEST FOR ME.

I WAS SLEEVED 10/21/16 AT THE AGE OF 61. MY RECOVERY WAS NOT TOO BAD WITH REGARD TO EATING. THERE WERE CERTAIN FOODS AND PROTEIN DRINKS I COULD NOT TOLERATE, BUT I DID FIND SOME. FOR, ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS FOR ME WAS TO DIGES****ER!

AT MY 1 YEAR CHECK UP, I HAD LOST 65 POUNDS BUT BETWEEN 80-90 POUNDS SINCE THIS JOURNEY BEGAN. I'VE GOTTEN ABOUT 14 POUNDS TO GOAL. ONCE I GOT THERE, THAT IS WHEN THE TROUBLE BEGAN. I DO GET HUNGRY AND MY TURN OFF SIGNAL IS NOT WHAT IT ONCE WAS RIGHT AFTER SURGERY. I NOW JUMP UP AND DOWN 10 POUNDS, MAKING MY GOAL NOW 14-24 POUNDS DEPENDING ON WHERE MY WEIGHT HAS JUMPED TO.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO SAY THAT FOR PHYSICAL ISSUES (NOT RELATED TO WEIGHT), I TAKE MEDS THAT PLAY HAVOC WITH ME. WHEN I TAKE THEM, WHICH IS A MUST, AT TIMES, MY APPETITE GOES CRAZY AND I FEED INTO IT. I KNOW THAT IS WRONG BUT IT FEELS LIKE SOMETHING HAS TAKEN OVER MY COMMON SENSE.

WHEN I DECIDED ON THE SLEEVE, IT WAS FOR A COUPLE OF REASONS. THE MAIN REASON I PICKED THE SLEEVE IS BECAUSE I DEVELOPED STOMACH POLYUPS (SPELLING?). AS A RESULT, I NEED TO GET AN ENDOSCOPY TO MAKE SURE WE GET ANY MORE THAT GROW. THESE GROWTHS CAN TURN INTO CANCER.

I WAS TOLD BY THE NURSE PRACTIONER, BEFORE SURGERY, THAT BECAUSE THE SLEEVE ONLY REDUCES THE SIZE OF THE STOMACH AND DOES NOT RE-ROUTE ANYTHING, IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR ME IN ORDER TO GET MY ENDOSCOPY. I DID THINK THE BYPASS WOULD BE BETTER FOR ME BASED ON MY PERSONALITY, BUT AT THAT POINT, IT DIDN'T MAKE MEDICAL SENSE.

WHY ALL THIS INFORMATION??? I AM REALLY THINKING ABOUT ADDRESSING A REVISION WITH MY SURGEON. FORGETTING THE ISSUE OF BEING ABLE TO GET THE ENDOSCOPY FOR THE MOMENT, I AM WORNDERING IF IT WOULD BE IMPROVED BY MY INSURANCE BECAUSE I NO LONGER HAVE THE PROBLEMS NEEDED FOR THE FIRST SURGERY. RIGHT NOW, MY REFLUX HAS STARTED TO ACT UP AND I CAN'T SEEM TO LOSE THOSE EXTRA 20 OR SO POUNDS. YES, I KNOW IT IS MY FAULT, BUT THE MEDS I TAKE AND SOME OF MY MEDICAL ISSUES WILL NOT CHANGE.

I AM VERY CONFUSED!!!!!!!

Ronnie (GRANDMAr)

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/18 9:24 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery Date, Butterflies, and an Old Molina Band

Thank you for sharing your story. I too have a Molina band that I have had since 1994 and want to have a revision. Are you happy you had this done and were you pleased with the surgeon you chose? Please share an update on yourself ...

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/18 9:20 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery Date, Butterflies, and an Old Molina Band

My story is just like yours ... did you find a doctor to do revision?

Kelly

such_a_pretty_face
on 3/11/18 1:26 pm, edited 3/11/18 6:26 am
Topic: RE: Feeling hopeless

Hi, Its been years since I've been on this site so I feel new again. I know exactly how you feel. You are not alone and our journeys are very similar. I had RNY in 2010, lost 90 pounds ( 38% of excess) but have gained back 40. I felt like a failure, because despite weighing/measuring/counting calories I did not lose an ounce after month 9. I didn't even get my whole year of honeymoon period. I think there may have been some surgery issue, I don't know how much small bowel was bypassed but I do know I haven't taken a vitamin in at least 5 years and all my levels remain normal. I will be having a revision later this year ( timing for work and school), I have recurrent marginal ulcers and an enlarged pouch. My insurance will approve because of the ulcers that won't heal. Do you have any ulcer type symptoms that need to be investigated? My surgeon will resize pouch and resect the ulcerated area. I don't really know if that may help me lose but I hope it does. Good luck to you.

Most Active