Recent Posts

L. Knight
on 3/17/18 3:41 am
VSG on 07/28/09 with
Topic: RE: Rny pouch size revision

I just had my pouch resized on March 9th. I'm still on clear liquids but so far so good. I will continue to keep you posted.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/16/18 12:50 pm
Topic: RE: Drain Tube? Catheter? Anyone?

I had drain tubes (2). More than one time... The removal would have been painless except my skin around the tube started closing up and they had to cut that.

but the removal itself was "weird" but not painful at all.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

White Dove
on 3/15/18 11:09 am - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: Sleeve to RNY Issues

My first non-liquid was a bowl of vegetable soup at three months out. Then I had a half of small Wendy's chili a week later. Everyone heals at their own rate. Give it time. By eighteen months out, I could eat anything.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

ShebasMom
on 3/14/18 7:25 pm
Revision on 07/05/16
Topic: RE: Sleeve to RNY Issues

I had rny in 2011 and distal revision in 2016. I was dx with IBS-C 20+ years ago. Before rny, I used Metamucil once a day. After rny, I switched to Miralax, once a day and 1000 mg mag oxide. After the distal revision, I use Konsyl (similar to Metamucil) twice a day, Linzess 290 mg daily, Miralax 3x day and 2000 mg of mag oxide. The increase in protein and calcium citrate made me more constipated after both surgeries. I've also suffered with 5 rectal fissures after last surgery. (there is a correlation...Konsyl was off market for the 9 months I suffered with 4 fissures) Besides my GI MD of 20+ years, I also see a GI surgeon. Both are aware of my regimen. I'm not sure what you are taking, but due to the increased protein and calcium needs, you will need to take something daily to help you stay regular. The regimen I use is safe to take daily. What you don't want is a stimulant laxative that will change your bowel structure and cause dependence on them.

Some of your constipation earlier could be related to pain meds. I pooped a rock after first wls and was prepared with Miralax with revision surgery. Are you taking a PPI (Nexium/Prilosec/Prevacid)? That could help you with your nausea. Some doctors prescribe it for 6-12 months after wls. I was on it already due to severe GERD and had to double the dose after revision for almost a year.

I forgot...what type of iron are you taking? Ferrous Sulfate is very constipating. I switched to carbonyl iron after rny and stopped using it after 2 years because I wasn't absorbing it and my labs were spiraling down. I switched to Proferrin and absorbing well until distal revision...may be an iron infusion in my future. Your multivitamin has ferrous sulfate in it too, and I switched to generic Centrium Silver (no iron).

I hope I have helped you some. I don't get on OH much since revision and use FB private DS or Distal bypass groups. I'm assuming you're on the rny forum too. Good luck! Donna

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

such_a_pretty_face
on 3/14/18 3:34 pm
Topic: Rny pouch size revision

Anybody have any results to share after a RNY pouch revision? My pouch will be resized and a small portion of small bowel will be removed because of marginal ulcers. There does not seem to be a lot of data on this that I can find. Revising to DS is not an option. I would like some idea of what to expect. Thanks!

KayLavonne
on 3/13/18 2:02 pm
Topic: RE: Feeling hopeless

I feel this way too. But I know where my faults lie. Now I have to re loose this weight, and am more determined than ever. I am glad that others are sharing the same experiences and feelings with weight gain. Good to know that I am not alone.

KayLavonne
on 3/13/18 1:58 pm
Topic: RE: Going from Lapband to DS...

I thought that dumping is the explosive, painful pooping that comes with the bypass or the DS. From my understanding, dumping syndrome would increase with DS. Also, as previously stated, since DS is a 2 stage operation, then the sleeve could increase acid reflux. I had the sleeve and i get acid reflux really bad. This is why I am considering doing a bypass versus DS.

cuttinojo
on 3/13/18 9:47 am
Revision on 04/04/18
Topic: RE: Overstitch and Insurance Approval

I had RNY 10/31/2005 hoping to have a revision my Doc did my EGD 2/14/18 and he told me that my pouch has completely stretched and something with the Stoma he said 2 things and they can be fixed. went back for my appt the following week he suggest that I get Lapband he said that way I can control how my weight. the band can get tightened or loosened. I have cigna and the coordinator who sends off the things to the insurance told me that Cigna only requires one psych visit and 4 dietitian visit I already had 2 my next one is 3/19/18.

nickie2524
on 3/13/18 9:07 am

Oh no... Hopefully it works.

nickie2524
on 3/13/18 9:05 am

My doctor sent a prauth for the band and my insurance came back and denied it as experimental. They approved the overstitch my surgery is 3/20.

Most Active