Recent Posts

Hotchic
on 3/22/18 6:12 pm
Topic: RE: Seeking a revision to the Bypass

I'm loking into a revision for the same reason you stated.may I ask who is your Dr. In San Antonio also if you have the medical codes.can you please share them. I have the same insurance. I worked in san antonio.I'm up the road in ho u stone know.

Thanks

ladygodiva1228
on 3/22/18 9:19 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
Topic: RE: How many revisions
On March 21, 2018 at 9:58 PM Pacific Time, desclyde wrote:

Hello,

I not only had the RNY but a revision 3 years ago. I never reached my goal weight and would like to know if there are any options left for me. Yes I have gained 60 pounds back. I am not innocent and am a emotional eater which I continue to work on. Is it possible to have another revision after a revision?

Well there are a lot of things to consider. What was the original reason for the first revision? What type of revision did you receive? What does your insurance say about revisions or would you be self pay? For your emotional eating are you working with a therapist or just trying to do it yourself?

The more revisions you have the higher the chance of something going wrong and the less weight loss.

What does your daily menu look like? Are you taking your vitamins and drinking plenty of water?

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

nak77brr
on 3/22/18 7:57 am
RNY on 03/13/18
Topic: RE: Sleeve to Bypass Revision

Update .I'm 9 days out from revision and down 16 lbs..more than what i expected.kinda tired of the protein shakes but i know i have to get it in..im getting my liquids in pretty good.staples our and walking 3 miles a day.almost back to normal but still taking it slow..on the second week of food like yogurt and applesauce and trying to eat anything with high protein..if.you guys have any suggestions on non flavored protein please advise. These milk products are getting to me.

Nonikat1970
on 3/22/18 6:47 am
Topic: RE: VBG Revision in Texas

Where are you from Krutledge? I'm seeing Dr. Turnquest in Houston.. not sure If I will be having a revision but I had a VBG with Dr. Harberg (deceased) in Houston in 2001. I didn't have any problems until lately. I'm having problems feeling like I can't get enough air in my lungs after I eat. Not to mention years of on again and off again ulcer pain..and bee stinging pain right at my sternum or upper part of scar.

unagordita
on 3/21/18 9:20 pm
Topic: RE: Sleeve to Bypass Revision

I had the sleeve 6/13, did great for 3 years the last two I've gained weight, and have severe acid reflux, it's gotten worse and my surgeon agreed to do the revision. I was scared to have it done last year so now I have no other choice. I hope and pray everything will go well. I should be scheduled in June.

desclyde
on 3/21/18 2:58 pm
Topic: How many revisions

Hello,

I not only had the RNY but a revision 3 years ago. I never reached my goal weight and would like to know if there are any options left for me. Yes I have gained 60 pounds back. I am not innocent and am a emotional eater which I continue to work on. Is it possible to have another revision after a revision?

KayLavonne
on 3/21/18 12:41 pm
Topic: Comment below if you want more friends!

Hello,

I am new to OH and would like more inspirational friends on here. I am still deciding between getting a revision surgery - VSG to RNY, or to try to lose it on my own. Positivie vibes welcomed only! I have ready some of the threads on here and for the most part they are wonderful! However, there are a couple of people that concerns me... I only allow positive energy in my space, and that includes my cyber space And if you feel the same way that I do and would like more positive connections, feel free to comment and say so!

Nice to meet you!

Kapy

animallover1247
on 3/19/18 8:16 pm
Topic: Question on revision Vsg to bypass and GERD

I am currently waiting for my insurance to approve my revision from sleeve to bypass. I am maxed out on four different meds and still have constant reflux. There's hell to pay when I eat. I would like to know if there's anyone who had this revision because of reflux and bypsss did not resolve the issue. Or if anyone had bypass and they are still on PPI meds.

LizaBrooke
on 3/19/18 7:35 pm
Topic: RE: Looking for Revision advice

I usually eat eggs for breakfast with either fruit or Canadian bacon.

Lunch is usually a salad with protein or leftovers from dinner (protein and veggie)

Dinner is usually protein and veggie

snacks might be a string cheese or an apple

i am eating at least 70 g of protein a day. I measure 4 oz pieces..eat and am hungry 30 minutes later. I don't stay full.

hollykim
on 3/19/18 5:53 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Topic: RE: Looking for Revision advice
On March 19, 2018 at 10:14 PM Pacific Time, LizaBrooke wrote:

Hi everyone!

I am looking to have a possible revision on my VSG. I was sleeved in August 2011 and lost 85 lbs. i never got to my goal weight, and slowly started gaining back after. I had a baby in 2016 and gained 60 lbs. I am only 15 lbs from my highest weight. I have been trying to lose weight for the last year and a half. I've done weigh****chers, low carb/Keto, counting calories, etc. I try to use my pouch as a tool, but I have no restriction anymore. I just keep losing and gaining the same 15 lbs. I'm so frustrated and disappointed in myself. I didn't realize revisions were a thing until I just started doing some research and cake across this forum.

What is the best way to get the process started? I loved my surgeon and am scheduled to see him next week, but I'm worried about what he's going to say. How should I approach the topic with him..I don't want to just go in and say I want a different procedure. I am interested in either a GB or DS (i already had my gallbladder out 2 years ago). Do I have to go through all of the pre-op stuff again?? Did your surgeons make you try XYZ before they would agree to do another procedure? I'm in the Philadelphia area and would love some surgeon recommendations as a back up in case my Dr doesn't want to help me.

Thanks in in advance for any advice you can offer!!

what does a days menu look like for you?

If if you are eating carbs you will have little to no restriction.

Mid you are eating mostly meat, chicken, eggs etc only you might find you still have excellent restriction.

Most Active