Recent Posts

PRHOLLYSPRINGS
on 3/24/18 12:14 pm - Holly Springs, NC
Topic: RE: Rny pouch size revision

Im right there with ya. surgeon appt and afraid i wont be covered due to weight regain.

lleifer
on 3/24/18 7:27 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: Anyone need revision from MGB due to ulcers?

Hello,

I have developed ulcers and erosive esophagitis and had the mini gastric bypass in 2008. Has anyone had had MGB converted to RNY and had the ulcers not return?

Lisa

lleifer
on 3/24/18 7:24 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: Looking for skilled surgeon in Phoenix, AZ

Hello,

I had the mini gastric bypass in 2008, and since have had ulcers that will not heal as well as grade B erosive esophagitis. I am looking for a skilled surgeon in Phoenix, AZ to revise the surgery and help heal me. Thank you all!

Lisa

youngmi
on 3/23/18 3:20 pm
Revision on 03/09/08
Topic: Go to the sleeve better results

I just had my lap band taken out 2 weeks and have the sleeve. ( oh I had it for 10 years and this past summer it dropped, and was told if I don't get it out it will start shutting down my organs. I was starting to turn gray ect could go on. )

I feel like 15 years younger after this. I am in Canada across from Detroit. I researched so many doctors yeh even Mexico and picked Dr. Mark Pleatman in Michigan yeh I had to pay out of my pocket. In my orientation nutrition ect I had people from Chicago, Indiana, Ohio and Las Vegas. This doctor does 4-6 a week of sleeves, he also teaches doctors on this procedure. This Doctor is so so good and tells you like it is.

Doctors are still putting those Bands in for the money who cares about the patient. Also now they say the bypass is bad too cancer the pills don't absorb in the stomach what stomach, and colon cancer. The problems I had with my body are gone because the band is gone, I can breath, no pain.

Research Dr. Mark Pleatman 248-334-5444...www.drpleatman.com

Believe me he will help you what's a phone call and free consultation

best of luck Mike

youngmi
on 3/23/18 2:43 pm
Revision on 03/09/08
Topic: RE: X Post - Just Denied Revision

I just had my lap band taken out 2 weeks and have the sleeve. I feel like 15 years younger. I am in Canada across from Detroit. I researched so many doctors yeh even Mexico and picked Dr. Mark Pleatman in Michigan yeh I had to pay out of my pocket. In my orientation nutrition ect I had people from Chicago, Indiana, Ohio and Las Vegas. This doctor does 4-6 a week of sleeves, he also teaches doctors on this procedure.

Research Dr. Mark Pleatman 248-334-5444...www.drpleatman.com

Believe me he will help you.

best of luck Mike

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/18 11:23 am
Topic: VGS switch to Bypass due to GERD?

How common is it for a VGS to be revised to a Bypass due to GERD? I've done a mountain of research over the past 10 years on VGS..... and this potential complication is my current biggest concern.

Thanks!

Hotchic
on 3/23/18 11:14 am
Topic: RE: Comment below if you want more friends!

HELLO

HAPPY VIBES.IM IN THE PROCESS OF STARTING MY REVISONS.MY APPOINTMENT IS 29MARCH.FROM SLEEVE TO RNY.

Michele_2
on 3/22/18 10:12 pm
Topic: Lap band to gastric bypass

Hi all, I'm just curious....I have the band since 2007

And I want the gastric bypass. Have any of you had to go through wait time for 6 months if you have already had one of the surgeries done?

Thank you

awickstrand
on 3/22/18 9:15 pm
Topic: RE: Geha revision question

thank you so much for your help.

my insurance does cover revision surgery and I am now going through the motions to get approved

monkeypox72
on 3/22/18 7:10 pm - Weston, OR
Topic: RE: Going from Lapband to DS...

I had the band placed in 2009 then had it removed last March because I couldn't keep the good food down but had no problems eating cookies and other junk. There was no rhyme or reason to what i could keep down on a given day. Getting the band removed was the best thing I ever did. No more throwing up, thick saliva eroding my tooth enamal and my hair started growing in thicker. Having said that, I had the RNY in January and love it. The only time I had poopy dumping was when I drank only a pint of milk for breakfast, needless to say that had my intestine churning. Now I just pay more attention to the heavy fat content of what I eat and haven't had any problems. Good luck with your revision, I know way too many people who the band just didn't work for them.

Most Active