Recent Posts

cchilds3862
on 5/6/21 3:16 pm
Topic: RE: RNY to RNY revision

Hello I had an RNY revision on March 29th. It is totally different from my first surgery back in 2008. The doctor made the pouch so small till I can't eat anything without getting sick. The hole is the size of a dime according to the practitioner. I lost 36lbs. to date. I feel ok till I try to eat something soft. I can't seem to keep anything down. I have an upcoming appt. I will keep you posted. I gained a total of 70lbs since the initial surgery.

cchilds3862
on 5/6/21 2:48 pm
Topic: RE: Has anyone had StomaphyX? - Gastric Bypass Revision ?

Hey there. I had an RNY revision March 29, 2021 and so far lost 36lbs. It's totally different from the initial surgery. In fact I'm having more issues. I'm throwing up quite a bit. I have an appt on May 12th. I thought it was Dumping but I didn't know dumping is due to too much sugar or greasy intake, so I don't have Dumping. I'm just throwing up too much. I have 25lbs to lose to reach my goal but im afraid if I continue to throw up, I'm gonna lose more. Make sure you do your research thoroughly. I never threw up when I had my further surgery in 2008.

Msdanyelle
on 5/1/21 9:54 am
Topic: RE: Anyone had the Endoscopic Sclerotherapy Injections Enlarged Stoma

Hello there, I thank you for sharing your story. I am five years out and I am thinking about getting this done. How are you doing years later?

White Dove
on 5/1/21 8:54 am - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: RNY to band - Now what?

Some surgeons do a DS or some variation of the DS. There is also extended RNY (ERNY). You would need to speak with a surgeon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

califsleevin
on 4/28/21 9:45 am - CA
Topic: RE: Slow resting heart rate question

I would not expect it to make a difference, but of course, the ultimate authority on this is your surgical team - they may want a cardiac consult to assure them that there is nothing else lurking in there along with it.

My resting rate has been about 50 since my WLS almost ten years ago, but it hasn't been an issue with subsequent surgeries (plastics, orthopedics). Last year when I was in for an endoscopy, the anesthesiologist was seeing 39 when I was on the table before any meds had been administered, and I started wearing my watch to bed which confirmed that I was often hitting 40ish overnight. We did a Holter monitor test to see if anything else was going on, and it wasn't - it's just the way I am now, with the cardiac capacity of someone half again as big as I am.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Heather S.
on 4/25/21 6:51 pm
Topic: RNY to band - Now what?

All,

Does anyone know if there is a revision procedure after having RNY then band. Weight has returned as expected.

Would love to hear from anyone who has had a successful procedure or experience or maybe in the same boat as me.

Thank You,

Heather

Katherine2021
on 4/25/21 4:18 pm
Topic: New here - RNY 2004, reversed 2016. Now need new surgery. Help

In 2004 I had RNY. 287 pounds starting weight. 2016 I was down to 98 pounds and was told I had to have it reversed or die. Soooo surgery was reversed. Since it was reversed I have ballooned to 266. Ugh ???? The doctor that did my original RNY as well as reversal was going to sleeve me when I was healed if I gained. Well, I gained...and need surgery but he has passed away. So now I'm trying to decide what procedure is best as well as looking at a new doctor. Ugh New insurance kicks in May 1.

Anyone else go through anything like this?

White Dove
on 4/25/21 3:08 pm, edited 4/25/21 8:08 am - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: Anyone not lose weight after a revision?

Weight loss after a revision is about 20 pounds. Any additional loss will require diet and exercise. Multiply your goal weight by 10. That is what you will have to restrict your calories to for life to maintain your goal weight.

Multiply your current weight by 10. That is what you are eating to maintain what you weigh now.

Cutting 500 calories a day will result in one pound a week of loss. Cutting 1000 will result in two pounds a week. I belong to Weigh****chers, track my meals, and just added intermittent fasting. I think IF is very helpful in reducing my appetite.

White Dove
on 4/25/21 3:04 pm - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: RNY in 2006, 15 years later, weigh more than at time of original surgery ...

As you probably already know, revisions, like band over bypass, stomaphyx, or other procedures result in about 20 pounds of temporary weight loss.

About 50% of people regain 50% of their lost weight by year 5. By year 10, many have regained all of the weight with extra pounds. RNY gives you about a two year window to lose about 100 pounds and to learn how to eat to maintain that loss.

Revising to a DS has helped some, but it a complicated procedure and there are only a few surgeons in the world who do it. There are some modified versions of DS. Whether you do another surgery or not, the key will be in changing your eating habits.

By year three, I accepted that I will have to be on a diet for life and went back to Weigh****chers. I am still a member.

cchilds3862
on 4/16/21 11:02 am
Topic: RE: Anyone not lose weight after a revision?

Hello, I had a GBP revision on March 29, 2021, and so far I lost 21lbs. I was told that it will talk longer to lose weight after a revision. I had my initial GBP Jan 28, 2008, and within the last few years I gained a whopping 60lbs. Im hoping I lose what I gained. My friend told me with her revision she only lost 25lbs.

Most Active