Recent Posts

Letsbedone
on 11/22/21 8:01 pm
Revision on 09/09/20
Topic: RE: Revision questions

I believe your new insurance has their own rules. I don't think they will count what you had with your other insurance company. That was thier rule. I'm sure you will be fine and be covered. Good luck

Letsbedone
on 11/22/21 7:56 pm
Revision on 09/09/20
Topic: RE: Where to even start looking into Revision

I have been researching a revision to a duodenal switch from an RNY. It's extremely hard to find a doctor who will do a traditional DS most are doing a similar procedure called a Sadi. Some have great success since this has malabsorption of calories. However I'm new at researching this. It's complicaticated.

StacysMom
on 11/17/21 2:33 pm
Topic: RE: Help!! Need to understand revision!!!

JRinAZ, I recently read online that Dr. Eric Schlesinger passed away in April of 2021. I am curious as to what happened to him. Do you or anyone else know what caused his death?

White Dove
on 11/15/21 11:32 am - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: Anyone not lose weight after a revision?

I worked for a weight loss surgeon office for several years, with patients who were unable to lose weight after virgin or revision surgeries. Saw very few successful revisions. Followed this board since 2003. May have seen one or two who claimed revision success, and often with a lot of side effects from DS type revisions.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

pizzicato66
on 11/15/21 10:52 am - SAN DIEGO, CA
Revision on 04/19/22
Topic: RE: Anyone not lose weight after a revision?

I see you posting this a lot in the channel - do you have any published medical studies that show these results, or is it based on what you see in the forums? Which type of revision are you referring to?

I'm curious where you get the information you're posting (some published data to support it). I've been googling studies regarding my specific revision the past week or so and I do see that the loss is slower and less, but not to the degree you're posting.

Example: for one study with Gastric band to RNY vs RNY only, the average loss in the studies was about 50% of excess weight lost for those having revisions, as opposed to 75% range for those who just had RNY. That's still a sizeable loss (pun intended)!

Thanks!

Surgery, 8/22/07.  In it for the long haul!

pizzicato66
on 11/15/21 9:36 am - SAN DIEGO, CA
Revision on 04/19/22
Topic: RE: Revised 10/29

I'm scheduled for a revision from band to bypass on 12/21 - recovering by the Christmas Tree!

I had the fluid removed from my band a week ago and have had reflux ever since - I think that band was preventing the reflux for 14 years - looking forward to having it go away after the revision. Also very hopeful that my surgeon will be able to do the whole thing in one go so I don't need a second surgery.

Surgery, 8/22/07.  In it for the long haul!

spark.intellection
on 11/11/21 10:40 am
Revision on 11/05/21
Topic: RE: Revised 10/29

Hi there! I had the same on Nov. 5th.. happy to connect and support. How is your recovery going? I've been doing better each day thankfully :-)

Valsdetermined2lose
on 11/9/21 7:41 am
Topic: Revised 10/29

Hi everyone, I just had a revision from sleeve to bypass and looking for others in the same time frame as me to keep in touch with.

HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

White Dove
on 10/31/21 11:54 am - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: Revision questions

Thanks, I fixed it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 10/31/21 11:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15
Most Active