Recent Posts

laureninman1
on 1/13/22 12:21 pm
Revision on 11/12/21
Topic: RE: Revision w successful weight loss?

Hello! I had a VGS in 2013 and just this past November I had a sleeve revision to a RNY due to complications since a pregnancy in 2019. I've gone from 254 to 225 since my surgery, and I feel like I'm losing weight soooo much slower since the last time. I seem to lose a few pounds and then not lose any for like 8 days..and then lose a little more. I also feel like I can eat more than I should be able to. I'm not pushing it, and I watch what I'm eating, but I feel like I should be getting full much quicker. Is it possible, the surgery didn't work like it should of? Is that even a thing? Could my pouch have stretched already? I'm just a little freaked I guess, because the recovery was A Lot more painful this time around, and I don't want this to fail! Anyone have any knowledge or advice?

airbender
on 1/12/22 6:58 pm
Topic: RE: Revision w successful weight loss?

ask your dr for a barium swallow, you most likely have reflux...and possibly other things. if so you should qualify for revision as your lap band was medically necessary I assume. check your specific insurance policy

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

thopwood
on 1/10/22 2:35 pm - San Antonio, TX
Topic: VBG in 2003--Revision Consultation Appt in March

Hi! Almost 20 years ago, I found this community got a lot of support through my first journey. I lost over 150 lbs, twice. The first 150 lbs melted off after surgery with exercise and dietary changes. The second 150+ lbs was my ex-husband. Once I had my breast reconstruction and tummy tuck, it was the beginning of the end. Anyway, all these years later, it has become clear to me that I need medical intervention again to help me set up restrictions and lifestyle changes to return to a healthier weight and hopefully longer life. I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, reflux, beginning COPD, lots of body pains mostly muscular and arthritis (had hip replacement in Dec. 2020), anxiety, depression, peri-menopause and recently pre-diabetic condition. Most of of these are controlled with medication (HBD, Cholesterol, reflux). Before I decided to have the hip replacement I was trying to decide between moving forward with revision or hip. The first surgeon I saw was not warm or encouraging. The first thing he said to me when he walked in the room was, "Welcome to the club of failed VBG, but good luck getting your insurance to cover revision." Yeah, I'll pass, dude. So, now I'm ready to try again but am looking for any tips, suggestions, advice. I'm trying with UT-Health this time. Thanks for reading. T

Dayna B.
on 1/10/22 11:53 am - Clearwater, FL
Topic: Revision w successful weight loss?

Hi all,

I was banded in 2006 and have successfully maintained a weight loss of about 100 lbs since then, sitting at about 5'5", 175 lbs now. The problem is, the band has given me digestive issues since the beginning, and it has continued to get worse in the last year. I can never tell when I am going to have an issue digesting, I have started waking up in the night with an acidic stomach, and these things cause me to have very poor eating habits. I am sure I have kept off the weight because I just eat very little.

I would like to see a surgeon about a revision, but am afraid that I would be told I could not have it replaced because my BMI is too low. My concern is that if the band is removed, I may revert to old habits and wind up gaining the weight back over the next several years.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, were you able to replace the band with another bariatric option?

Dayna Barkley  274/255/243/155/135
Highest Weight/1st WLS visit/Day of Surgery/Current/Goal

KarenCt
on 1/5/22 9:23 am
Topic: RE: Revision questions

Hi, Which revision procedure did you have?

White Dove
on 12/26/21 7:20 pm - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: Anyone with Amerigroup approved for revision?

Contact member services to see if they know of a surgeon in your area who accepts Medicaid.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sailor29
on 12/25/21 10:32 pm
Topic: Anyone with Amerigroup approved for revision?

I was just told by my Doctor that I have surgery scheduled for January 27 immediately due to ECG showing severe damage to esophagus due to Gerd and regurgitation. I've had double pneumonia as a result of the GERD, and Hernia. Has anyone been approved with Medicaid for revision from sleeve to bypass? If so how long was the approval process?

Oscar78
on 12/4/21 1:56 pm, edited 12/4/21 1:58 pm
Topic: Looking for info on Lap band removal and possible revision to a sleeve

Hello All, Looking for any info on lap band removal and revision to a sleeve. I am waiting for a date to have my removal, it's been noted as urgent and to be removed by Christmas. At one time I was thinking of doing the revision and they would do it at the same time of removal. I have an appointment on Monday to talk to Doctor so I'll know more about my situation then.

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/21 1:29 am
RNY on 09/01/12
Topic: RE: DS vs RNY common Channel length

Honestly RNY is not that bad !

sunniieee
on 11/30/21 5:12 pm, edited 11/30/21 9:18 am
Topic: RE: Revision questions

For the plan only. I'd also like to add that weight loss is slower, I'm losing 7lbs a month but it's worth it. I'm in other groups and people have lost 80-100 lbs in a year. I see a lot of posts here saying you can't lose, but you can.

Most Active