Looking for BEST REVISION SURGEON anywhere!

MaryBlessed
on 5/6/06 11:30 pm - St. Louis, MO
I currently have a LAP-BAND which has just not worked for me. I want a revision but am not sure to WHAT? I read the posts below and people prefer different things: RNY, FOBI, DS etc., Anyway, I need the BEST DOC OUT THERE to help me decide which is best for me, so he needs to offer all the procedures so he's not biased. AND he needs to be a FABULOUS SURGEON! PLease email me with any suggestions: [email protected], or post here! Blessings, Mary
pepperboy
on 5/8/06 6:11 am - oxnard, CA
Why not look into Dr. Ara Keshishian in Delano, California, he's does quite a few revisions. He is an awesome doctor. He does DS. Annie ;)
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/06 5:46 am - TX
HI Mary, take your time and do your research. I am going to be a revision from an RNY to a DS and my surgeon is Dr. Husted (He's probably done more revisions than any other surgeon) Good luck in finding your spot!
Ms. Cal Culator
on 5/10/06 5:15 am - Tuvalu
Mary, There is no best doc...honest. But there are a lot of good ones! But YOU have to educate yourself on which surgery is the best for YOU. And then pick the best surgeon you can find who does THAT procedure. Very few doctors do the DS and most of THEM do it primarily or exclusively. And Dr. Fobi is here in Southern California, so he may be the pro on the Fobi pouch. Dr. Keshishian did MY revision ( ihad been banded three years) from LapBand to DS, last November. It took less than two hours start-to-finish. I lost 32 pounds the first month and 22 the next. I'm down a total of 76 pounds right now. I don't know yet how good my labs are but will find out soon. Of course, I think Keshishian rocks. But if Omaha is a better bet for you, Gary Anthone is also experienced at revising bands to DS. And I've corresponded with European surgeons, one of whom told me that fully 20% of his practice is doing band-to-something else revisions! So there is probably a lot of experience out there. But remember, YOU need to decide which post-op life best fits YOU... Sue
janetlivingston
on 5/10/06 12:20 pm - Chicago, IL
Dr. Prachan or Dr. Alverdy at the Univ of Chicago are the very BEST...they did mine. good luck
Most Active