Any experience with a rny revision?

sdm67
on 4/2/06 7:43 am - Lincoln, NE
I had an open roux-en-y in Oct. 2002 and lost a significant amount of weight. I have been slowly (or not so slowly)gaining weight over the last year and one-half and have now gained 50 lbs. I'm looking for conversation from anyone who had an original rny and has now had a revision, either rny or another procedure.
FOGHORN
on 4/3/06 12:23 am - sweet home, OR
thats me. open rny in july 1988. went well for 5 years then started to fail. put almost all the weight back on. found out vbg had a horrible success rate. my sutures ruptured big time and i had a successful open rny in oct 05. have lost 114 pounds again and still going down. your doctor can order a endoscophy upper, and see if your first surgery has failed and causing problems. each surgery is tough but this time i have a great support group and a better surgeon and his staff. good luck on your search. dave
Nancy Degenmeister
on 4/4/06 10:26 am - Bergen County, NJ
Have you been seen by your surgeon to see if there's actually a mechanical reason? Revisions are for dealing with mechanical issues...they aren't a substitute for behavioral issues, so it's really important to have the mechanics of your RNY checked to determine what, if anything, the problem is... Nancy
Most Active