Information Please???

tmmoore1971
on 1/29/06 10:27 pm - Gastonia, NC
Hi to all, I'm writing concerning my up coming appointment with my surgeon. I have an appointment with my surgeon that did my surgery back in June of 2002. I have a streched stoma and found out about this back in 2003. I had a stomach study because I wasn't full when I ate after the RNY. I've been very scared and unsure what to do, the surgeon told me back in 2003 that he could fix it but was very unsure if I was ready for another surgery. Well, Maybe it is time to have it fixed, I've been having alot of health problems due to the fact that all of my vitamins and minerals are going to my intestines from my stomach as soon as I'm done eating because I have a enlarged stoma. Most of my teeth are going bad and my immune system is very low, when I'm around someone sick I usually become sick also. Has anyone on this board had their enlarged stoma fixed? What will they do to me? How long will I be out of work? WILL I lose weight from this revision? Please someone tell me all you can... Thanks, Toni
hessie28
on 1/30/06 10:51 am
Hi, I had it done in October. They think my stoma had stretched because the surgeon had only used staples. This time he stapled and stitched. My pouch was also larger then even showed in the upper GI. Basically the surgery was the same as the first one except they don't touch the intestines. This time the surgeon left the drain in for 3 weeks. I have lost 40 pounds since the surgery. It was easier this time in that I wasn't afraid to eat like the last time. Seems I can still eat anything but not alot. I have been doing alot of protein. Plus being thinner with this surgery made recovery much easier. Originally I was 355 in 2002. In October I was 232. The surgery is a little risky. But after what we went through the first time, I couldn't see gaining all the weight back. I had gained back 40 pounds. They say you lose weight slower then the first time. But you lose at least. Good luck with everything. I am also having back surgery. Don't know when. Was suppose to have last year but instead I had the revision. Figured back surgery would be easier if I was thinner. Plus had to appeal the revision.
Most Active