revision scheduled

smlacquement
on 8/21/05 10:58 am - Arlington, TX
hello everyone, My revision is schedule for Sept. 19th. I had my vbg in March of 99. I lost 110 lbs the first year 1/2. Then I got pregnant. (one of the reasons I had my surgery to begin with) I gained 60 lbs during my pregnancy lost 25 when Kaleb was born and kept the rest on. My total net loss as of right now is about 46 lbs. At first I felt like a failure until recently. I have found that after 5yrs the failure rate is almost 80%. Unbelievable!!! I am truly excited and nervous about the surgery but I remember what I felt like when I lost that 110 lbs. So wish me luck and see you on the loosing side.
SUSAN P.
on 8/22/05 8:49 pm - WAUKEGAN, IL
Hey-Good Luck on your revision. You will have to let me know how it goes. I think I am getting one done too and am not looking forward to it at all. I had the vbg and did lose 170 lbs but i am sick all the time now. I will keep you in my prayers!!
dawn1234
on 8/23/05 1:26 am
HI, I too had alot of the same experiences with the VBG and got revised in May in the RNY. Even though I had major complications(read my profile for details) it has improved the quality of my life tremendously! I too am shocked that they are still performing the VBG with the failure rate being so high! I wish you nothing but the best of luck......with your upcoming revision! See ya on the losing side! Hugs, Dawn
SUSAN P.
on 8/23/05 2:58 am - WAUKEGAN, IL
Hi Dawn, I did go back the other day and read your profile and what you went through and I have to tell you, I cried when I read it. I can not imagine that happening to me. Especially about the part when you woke up and they were yelling at you to breathe. I am going to call Barixs Clinic and see what they have to say. I might just have mine un-done and not do a revision at all. What you went through has me scared to death to do anything at all now. I know everyone is different but I am so freaked now. I also don't think my insurance will cover a RNY but will cover the revision. I was the first one at my workplace to have a weight-loss surgery and then 25 people did after me so now they are not covering these surgerys anymore-aint that something? Wait till they see me trying for this...anyways, I am glad your ok and that everything went good for you. Sue
DBS
on 8/23/05 12:19 pm - Southwest, OH
Hey Marlene, My revision to DS is scheduled for 9/12! Aren't we going to blow everyone's minds when we shed the bulky winter clothing this Spring? I am so excited that when I got a few fat chick clothing catalogs in the mail this week, I just tossed them without even looking! Good Luck!!!!! Darlene
smlacquement
on 8/25/05 1:16 pm - Arlington, TX
Hey Darlene, I know what you mean. I am so excited about this. My best friend just had rny in July so we will be doin' it together. I was driving around doing errands the other day and saw a Plus Size resale shop. How cool is that! I'll get to make a buck on a closet full of clothes. We just moved here back in February and I keep getting the skinny miss catalogs now instead of throwing them away I am making a gotta have list for next spring. Congrats on surgery and I can't wait to hear how it went. See you on the loosing side. Good Luck to you 2!!!!! Marlene
stephenie B.
on 8/26/05 10:45 pm - copley, oh
HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT GETTING INSURANCE TO APPROVE THE BANDING AFTER THE RNY. I WANTED THAT IN THE BEGINNING BUT MY INSYRANCE WOULE NOT APROVE IT SO I HAD THE RNY AND STILL HAVE NOT LOST THE 60 PERCENT I WAS SUPPOSE TO. WHATS THE PROCEDURE?
smlacquement
on 8/27/05 12:43 am - Arlington, TX
I'm not having the band done again. That's what I had to begin with and after loosing 110 lbs my net weight loss now is only about 45 lbs. (failure rate of 80% after 5 years) My revision is to have RNY. How long has it been since you had your original surgery? You might check with your doctor and see what he says in reference a revision and what steps you should take. I wish you all the luck. Let me know how it goes. Marlene
Most Active