delete

MsGlitterDiva
on 5/26/05 3:00 am, edited 12/5/12 3:17 am

delete

Cassandra K
on 5/28/05 4:51 am - Reno, NV
Hi Traci, If you have insurance you might want to check out Dr. Rabkin in San Francisco since he's near you. (www.) pacificsurgery.com/ . He's a revision expert and maybe able to revise you to a DS which is a different stomach configuration (no pouch, no stoma problems, ulcers and better nutrient absorption of calcium, iron and vitamin Bs) and the DS has the Distal RNY intestinal hookup. You can read about he DS if you like at (www) duodenalswitch.com. Good Luck Cassandra
Reeree
on 5/30/05 7:49 am - Children of the Corn, IL
Sweetie, please make sure that you have done your research. I'm in the same situation but I'm making sure that I have a doctor that is closer to me, than my original RNY surgeon(Michigan). Please about it. God Bless LMV
stephenie B.
on 8/7/05 4:36 am - copley, oh
I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS ,AND I AM TRYING TO GET INFORMED BUT NNED SOME LEADS TO WHAT I NEED TO READ ABOUT AGAIN STEPHENIE
MsGlitterDiva
on 6/2/05 7:12 am
sopralto
on 6/3/05 1:37 am - WA
Traci, have you had your body fat tested? Being overweight for years gives you strong bones and extra muscle, especially if you are an exerciser. I had my body fat tested (they put you on a scale in a tank of water) and found my goal weight is 200lbs and I am a women and 5foot 6inches. I have 149lbs of lean body mass. The important number was at 200lbs I will have 25% fat, in the healthy range. I do a lot of weight lifting also. I have gone from 320-257lbs in the last year and feel encouraged I am closer to goal than I thought. I had a RNY proximal in 1992 and gained all my weight back. I have been losing by cutting carbs, exercising 2 hours a day, and paying close attention to how full my pouch is, not drinking with meals, drinking tons of water inbetween meals and trying not to snack. I know this won't work for everyone, but your success at losing 150lbs to me is awe-inspiring! I would not rely on a BMI calculator and go for the gold standard and get a body fat test done.
Most Active