question?

Tamika H.
on 4/27/05 4:18 am - Washington, DC
I had open RNY almost a month ago. I wanted to know if anyone new if you could change to the DS instead. I feel like I made the biggest mistake because I was not aware that this surgery was available. I had only heard of the RNY and because you did not have the choice of eating that it was the best way. God I feel really really disgusted now
Cassandra K
on 4/28/05 3:16 pm - Reno, NV
Hi Tamika, I'm sorry to hear you are having regrets about your surgery. It is a common thing to experience that after surgery. In answer to your question yes it is possible to have a revision to a DS from an RNY. Some have had it done because of regain, failure to loose and others because of problems from the RNY that the DS took care of. The RNY works well for many people and I would encourage you to work with the tool you have to the best of your abilitity. If further down the road you need a revision then perhaps the DS is something for you to look into. But you should know that revisions are higher risk then origianal wls and should only be done to correct a problem or for further weightloss and further health improvements as in my case. I wish you the best and encourage you to take advantage of the good support on the OH board both with RNY and DS. cassandra -105
Most Active