Home after revision surgery

F A.
on 1/27/05 4:24 am - TAYLORSVILLE, IA
I'm amazed that I'm sitting here typing this note! My surgery was 4:30pm on the 20th. All went well however, wound up staying in 5 days, (couldn't "air out") just got home Tues. afternoon. The surgery went fine, lasted approx 3.5 to 4 hrs. I'm trying so hard to NOT have any complications. Walking, breathing, walking, breathing, sipping...I just read all the "well wishes" that were sent and I'm in tears. No way EVER could I have gotten through without all of you and your prayers - I am so overwhelmingly thankful and will continue to pray for all of you as your journey continues. I'm down 9 lbs since the surgery and seem to be holding steady, just feel a little wiped out, though. Funny think, I'm so hungry today - the broth and jello just aren't cutting it but I have no plans of putting myself at risk, I've been through too much to get to this point. Any suggestions??
cruise queen
on 1/27/05 8:21 am - cabin 719, VA
i AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. TAKE IT EASY AND NO COMPLICATIONS.... I AM TRYING TO GET MY REVISION COVERED. I AM ON TO PLAN TWO. I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR YOU. STAY SKINNY.... TINA
LeAnn S.
on 1/29/05 11:43 am - Tulsa, ok
I am so happy for you! Thanks for posting an update. I am going in on Tuesday the first of February. I am nervous but I have been praying and I have a peace about it. Take care. LeAnn Skeen
F A.
on 1/31/05 3:51 am - TAYLORSVILLE, IA
Thank you so much, all of you for your thoughts and prayers - I'm living proof that prayers are heard! You're all most certainly in mine. I'll be thinking of you LeAnn, you'll be just fine. It was a little nerve wracking, the processing in, the IV's and then the wait for surgery, but it's all over before you know it. Just make sure you walk as soon as possible and keep your lungs inflated. You'll have drugs to keep you as comfortable as possible and remember there are a lot of people praying for you. May the angels protect and comfort you especially these next few days. YOU GO GIRL!!
Most Active