3rd time

Raquel Kelly
on 10/24/18 8:04 pm - Hartly, DE

I had my gastric sleeve done in 2011. I had a revision in 2015. Unfortunately I have been suffering from horrible gerd and esophagitis and gastritis. My surgeon thinks I need to have a gastroenterostomy aka gastric bypass done. I'm winwonder if anyone else has had this situation? I'm sure not common as this would technically be a 3rd surgery. However I need to feel better my life has been affected terribly by all this. Thanks in advance

ayin33
on 10/25/18 5:44 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 02/27/08 with

Yes - this is why I had the bypass done. I too had terrible GERD and wake up from sleep coughing until I threw up. I could eat and it would keep resurfacing. I am now 6 weeks out and am very happy with the bypass as the GERD is gone. I have had a few episodes of heartburn but just heartburn.

Raquel Kelly
on 10/25/18 8:29 am - Hartly, DE

Thanks for your input! So glad it has helped you. Did you have three surgeries? That's what scares me that it would be technically my third. How has weight loss gone?

??

ayin33
on 10/25/18 9:18 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 02/27/08 with

I had my bypass, hernia repair and esophageal resection at the same time. So - two surgeries. I did have my gallbladder removed between the sleeve and bypass. I have lost 15 lbs at 8 weeks out but looking at the Menu thread on the RNY forum - I am eating more than I should. I will have to adjust my portions and I have a call placed to my surgeon's nutritionist.

cancelsbronx
on 10/26/18 9:03 pm - Stamford, CT

Hi I had the lap band in2007,revision to sleeve in 2011 and had to have gastric bypass 2 and a half weeks ago because of Gerd. In all surgeries I never gained more than 20 lbs. Doing very well so far. This too shall pass. We are not the only ones. Be of good courage. You will be ok.

S

Raquel Kelly
on 10/26/18 9:30 pm - Hartly, DE

Thanks for the reply and support!

Dnicko76
on 2/25/19 1:39 pm - Lawton, OK

Did your insurance pay for it?

maimi
on 1/26/19 7:33 pm - LA

I had revision in 2015 and had never had ACID REFLUX nor GASTRITIS

in started 2015 revision and they just did another revision, hopefully this is going to help

with my horrific GASTRITIS.

Had know that I was going to trade one thing for this horrible discomfort

(IWOULD HAVE DONE NOTHING)

Most Active