Overstitch Revision Info

Lilac8Star
on 11/11/18 6:42 pm

Thank you so much for sharing the name of the procedure. I've seen 3 docs that advertise revisions but when I saw them in person they said they can't do anything. But I searched the name and found docs that do it as Johns Hopskin. Again, Thank you so much, I"ve been so frustrated, I hope it works for me too.

Thanks!

vyamos
on 12/20/18 3:04 am

Snuggles43,

I am in the Maryland area also. Going to see Kumbhari at Johns Hopkins tomorrow concerning the same procedure ...super excited and anxious. Since you are 2 months out I was wondering if you could share how it is going with your weight loss? Are you happy with the procedure and results?

'Thanks....Veronica

White Dove
on 12/20/18 10:29 am - Warren, OH

I have been observing people getting this procedure for over 10 years. I have seen many people post about going for the procedure. I have never seen one of those people come back and post that they lost weight aftr the procedure.

Before going through this, ask your surgeon if you can speak with any of his successful patients. I would love to hear that this worked for you.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

vyamos
on 12/20/18 11:20 am

That's my plan..to get as much information as I can and to see if I can be connected with others that have had the procedure. Since it has been around greater than 10 years I am hoping there has been some improvement.

I promise to report back after seeing him tomorrow ...no matter if it is good or bad news.

Jen J.
on 12/23/18 2:22 pm, edited 12/23/18 6:25 am - Canton, MI

Hi there Veronica,

I?m so sorry I missed you question from earlier! I didn?t see it until now. How did your appt go?!!?

As for me, I am doing well! I am about 9 (?) weeks out and 17 pounds down. The weight loss is slower, but knew this going in. My doctor was clear with me about it. He told me flat out...it would be slower and harder to lose and will not come off like the first surgery. He is correct. BUT, it IS coming off. I am fuller. I don?t eat as much. And most of all, my attitude has changed and feel recharged. So no matter who tells you negative things, if it helps you with a positive attitude and gets your regoing again after years of being frustrated, well, that?s a positive thing to me. I do get nausea again and throw up like the last time, but I like that in a weird way. It reminds me to slow down and remember my portion control. I would like to lose 50 more pounds, though I had put on a total of 100,I would be thrilled with 50 more.

I?m happy I had this revision done and know I will always have to work at this. Please let me know how your appt went and what you?ve decided to do. Happy Holidays!

Jen

vyamos
on 12/30/18 8:12 pm

Jen,

Sorry I am just getting back to you...it has been a busy holiday. The appointment went very well. He was very thorough and informative. I will have my EGD on Jan 9th so he can see everything....excited and anxious. Thank you for being so open and honesty about your procedure. I love the "changed attitude and being recharged"....that's 90% of the work! I have 40 pounds to lose ...and I'm going for all 40...lol. I will stay in touch and let you know what he says. Thanks for taking the time to reply....it means a lot!

Veronica

forgivingv
on 12/31/18 11:47 am
Revision on 01/02/19

i am having my procedure with Dr K on Wed. I am supper excited, but my best friend had the same procedure and she told me the first week on the recovery side was hell. I hope not, but this a second chance for me to make things right.

vyamos
on 12/31/18 11:55 am

How is she doing now...hope she is losing weight.

I will be praying for you on Wednesday...whenever you can please post and keep me updated! What a way to start the New Year!

forgivingv
on 12/31/18 11:58 am
Revision on 01/02/19

she has lost 33 lbs , she had it nov 8

vyamos
on 12/31/18 1:22 pm

WOW....that is awesome! How much does she have to lose... Trying to put it in prospective? Looks like she is really doing what she should be doing! So proud of her...su*****entive!

Most Active