Laparoscopic Gastrojejunostomy

KansasPrincess
on 10/4/18 9:44 am - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

has anyone had this done? I have been told that it is pretty much the same procedure as the RNY. this is what the dr is having to process this procedure under in order to get it covered under my insurance. I guess im just wanting to know how it has worked out for you. has it stopped your acid reflux? lost a significant amount of weight? hows the mal absorption?

weird things to be worried I guess. just in a funk that I have to have this done! I think only because I have had a surgery every yr since 2015 (vsg 2015, gall bladder removed 2016, tumor removed from uterus 2017, and npw this one in 2018)

NYMom222
on 10/5/18 6:59 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I feel your pain on multiple surgeries I had 8 major surgeries in 5 years so one of my goals for 2018... was no surgery. Still have a few months to go.

I tried to look up what you are talking about and Dr Google is very confusing on it.

Good Luck.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

bethmal
on 10/13/18 7:26 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

It basically is the same thing as bypass. That is what my husband and I had done but the doctor had to do a 1:1 review with insurance to have it approved. It's just another name for bypass, at least, that is how my doctor explained it to us.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

MammaKathy
on 10/21/18 7:29 am

I had it done last Monday, but I had a ton of adhesions from previous surgeries. I have lost about 4-5 lbs since surgery. I haven't had any reflux at all since surgery. I am happy about that! Weight loss and malabsorption issues, we shall see. My surgeon said he did not take it as far down the duodenum as a regular bypass so I wouldn't have as many issues as a regular bypass. I guess this is what mini bypass means? He never used that term though...

ezab70
on 10/30/18 9:01 am
Revision on 10/01/18

ok wow - that surgery is a part of my story too. i was scheduled to have that done at mayo clinic completely only for my gerd not any weight loss. i had my previous sleeve in 2011 in mexico (risky ) but i kept weight off by following meal plan and exercise. my insurance made us cancel my surgery though and start again with a barriatric approved center of excellence hospital surgeon. because they said technically it was a revision since i had a sleeve prior. even tho this was due completely gerd and i was supposed to have what i was calling a gastro jj (too hard to say and spell). so i had in on oct 1. going well so far no GERD!!!!!!!! YES. Lost some vanity weight 150 to 140 which had been my set point prior to menopause. ps with you on surgeries (sleeve 2011, mastectomy 2012, reconstruct 2013, hysterectomy 2017) . i havent started my major exercise routine yet - orange theory which is pretty intense and burns about 600 calories the amount i am taking in right now and involves a lot of abs. just walking. but so grateful gerd is gone. i am taking the vitamins which i didnt do before - there was no follow up program with mexico. i am glad in the end i got routed to the coe surgeon because there is so much support. i have gotten some great recipes and met some wonderful people. its hard to explain to people outside of this world what i had so i just tell them the gastro jj because pretty much that is wht it was for me and they dont need to know my entire history unless i feel close enough to share it. i would love to keep chatting with you thru your journey.

ezab70
on 11/14/18 9:24 am
Revision on 10/01/18

just update here - kinda jazzed lost another 5lbs down to 135 which i feel good about since revision and most say they dont have much luck. my gerd is gone but dr has kept me on my meds for a bit longer. the meds diddnt work before so not sure if working now but following the directions. restriction is different feeling then sleeve and really depends on consistency of the food. its about 6 weeks post surgery and dont feel very hungry. i have to remember to eat and my husbands has been getting on my case about getting enough calories etc. i havent started exercise other then walking. i did get a peloton for my biking which i will resume lightly (per dr) end of Nov. i have to watch now to make sure i get enough fuel during this first two months so i am keeping it light for now.

Most Active