Has anyone had their Duodenal Switch revised because they weren't losing enough?

Msbliss2007
on 8/7/18 4:02 pm

Hi, how are you doing since your revision? I'm POD 7 revision and unsuspected hernia repair. Still having alot of pain but overall doing good.

BeautyO
on 8/21/18 6:20 am

Good morning, I was just checking in with you to see how your hernia repair and revision went. I hope all is going well. I had my revision July 31st I've only lost 11 pounds but I guess that's good. I was kind of hoping I've lost more than that but I haven't. It does not seem like I'm restricted with eating only the 4 ounces but I hope everything works in my favor this time around.

sunshine1968
on 5/30/18 7:49 pm

I did not have the gastric bypass so I am not familiar with it;however, I would suggest that whoever you have do your revision is very skilled in revisions of RNY as they are more complicated. Perhaps ask your question on the RNY board or RNY facebook pages. You might get more replies there.

sunshine1968
on 5/30/18 7:47 pm

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I am going to try to work my surgery as best I can and if I don't have any success I am going to talk to Dr. K. I went to my own surgeon back in 2015 when I first began to struggle and he simply said to get a Fitbit and move more and that he gave me the best surgery the first time out. He didnt do any investigating and wasnt interested in the fact that I was struggling, despite staying on track with my eating. I eventually got frustrated and began to eat more carbs, which I am now trying to reign in. It's struggle but I never had quite the eating limitations most had early out and was able to eat more than most early out so I think the bigger sleeve wasnt helpful to me. I'm glad that things turned out well for you but Im' sorry you had to come about it the hard way. I really dont want to get another surgery so I am going to do my part. It's just been incredibly hard to reign in the carbs but Ive been gradually lowering them more and more each week and moving more. Thank you again for your input.

Most Active