Thinking of not doing this

Jessiadair
on 9/22/17 3:35 am
VSG on 11/16/15

Oh wow! So glad u got that checked out! How did ur surgery go? Is the pain worse this time around? Best of luck!

mi75
on 8/22/17 6:00 pm
VSG on 06/01/14

I'll pray for you my friend, and i'm sure others here will as well, or keep you in positive thoughts.

Revision is a scary topic. I'm scared too, but I have Barrett's from years of uncontrolled GERD, and the thought of having esophageal cancer scares me more than a revision.

Just think of all the good reasons you are doing this, especially so that your kids will have you around well into their adult lives, and well into your 'golden years'.

Good luck, you totally got this!

racemomss
on 8/29/17 2:16 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

I'm laying here beating myself up thinking I should have tried something else instead of bypass. Do you know other options to fix the gerd or ulcer? I'm a huge research and feel I have failed myself. I do know I can't undo what's been undone but needs answers .

Jessiadair
on 9/22/17 3:39 am
VSG on 11/16/15

My doc said the only way to fix the severe GERD issue is to convert to bypass and fix haital hernia-and that isn't even guarenteed! Let me know how u r doing.

racemomss
on 9/22/17 6:43 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

So far no GERD. I am trying to get myself together. I have not dumped yet. I am scared to try sugar yet because I can get hooked back easy on that. With all the fruity protein, popsicles, and jello I really don't want anything sweet at this point. I can tell my taste buds have changed since surgery. When I eat I don't enjoy like I did before which is making me sad. I used food as my coping before surgeries. I can say the full blown hormonal issues are there. I am hoping I feel better about my decisions in a few weeks. How is your preparations going?

Jessiadair
on 9/22/17 3:36 am
VSG on 11/16/15

Thanks 4 the encouragement! U rock!

racemomss
on 8/23/17 6:41 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Well I am going through it. Thanks you all for your encouragement and sharing your experience. I'm nervous but hoping to heal and get home soon

Jessiadair
on 9/22/17 3:37 am
VSG on 11/16/15

Have u had revision yet?? How r u doing? What about pain level?

racemomss
on 9/22/17 6:38 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Hi! I had my revision on 8/24. Pain was very minimal physically. I still have low energy but I am back to work. The mental emotions have been tough. How are you?

Jessiadair
on 10/19/17 11:15 am
VSG on 11/16/15

Hi, was wondering how u were doing after ur revision....mine is scheduled for 11/1.

Most Active