Revision after Lap band

annjones
on 4/7/17 7:03 am - Kansas City, KS
RNY on 02/13/17

My doctor waits a few months after taking the band out to do a revision. Gives your tummy time to heal before it is put under stress. I was worried that I would gain tons of weight before the surgery but I did ok. Gained some. Enjoyed being able to eat with the pain my band had been causing. Weighting is not a bad thing.

Ann Jones
HW-304/SW-295/CW-226/GW-200

RNY Surgery 2/13/2017
12/23/08 Band Date - Removal Date 08/15/16

nedsmehlp
on 3/26/17 6:50 pm - Hutchinson, KS

I had a sleeve in 2008 and lost 182 lbs. I regained 110 lbs. Please check into all your options. I would hate to see another weight loss surgery fail you. I have seen a lot of VSG looking into revision. I am scheduled for the DS April 7th and am very anxious. Hope you check into all your options. Just thought I'd give you my experience.

cherrilo
on 4/18/17 11:44 am

Thank you all for your input!! Good and bad. I have 2 more Dietician appointments and then I believe that is the last step to surgery feels like it cant happen fast enough.

Sai F.
on 5/1/17 3:14 pm
VSG on 09/02/16

Had the lap band in 2009, successful till 2016... Band started giving me problems. They removed my fluid for several months to let my stomach rest, then removed my band and did the sleeve in same operation. I'm very happy with the sleeve. To me, it's really not that different to having a larger stomach, I can pretty much eat anything but on a much smaller scale. I can eat all the healthy stuff now & not get plugged. No more going in constantly for those minor adjustments which for me, was always trial and error.

Main thing is follow the basic rules like protein first, drink 64 oz water, don't drink and eat at the same time... Etc. If sliders were a problem for a lap band patient, it'll be a problem with the sleeve patient as well.

Good luck and am excited for you!

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

cherrilo
on 7/21/17 5:49 am

I have my surgery date!! July 27th I can hardly wait. sounds strange that I feel this way but my weight has caused all kinds of havoc in my body and I want to start living again!! Its has been a long road to this point but I finally am this close. Wish me luck!!!

Most Active