Had my Apollo Overstitch revision.....

sheilakgil
on 4/2/19 4:15 pm

Hi Eve,

I had the RNY in 2002 and a revision in 2012. I don't think they really did anything in the revision I felt no restriction at all I could gulp water.

I am now wanting the appollo stitch but I hear it is pretty new and was curious of the outcome. Looks like you had yours a little over 2 years ago what were the results if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks

Elsie84
on 6/16/19 8:49 pm
DS on 08/16/15

Did your insurance cover it or did you pay outta pocket?

zoegirlcd
on 9/25/19 7:05 am - Katy, TX

Hi I can tell you for my procedure. It's not covered but my gastrointestinal doctor put it down as an endoscopy, and so it was covered. I work for a major hospital here in Houston and we have good insurance but nonetheless my doctor knew how it works so he knew what to do about it.

sickofrollercoaster
on 3/29/21 1:57 pm - Katy, TX

Can you tell me who your dr is? I am currently talking with TLC about Overstitch but have to do the endoscopy first to see what we are dealing with. I live in Katy as well.

VSG: 5-10-10, Dr. Aceves, Mexicali; RNY: 1-17-17, Dr. Snyder, Houston

VSG SW 180, LW 118; RNY SW 150, GW 120

dgraywilson
on 10/20/22 4:58 pm

Hi I hope you are well & enjoying overstitch. I was wondering if you could share your physician's information as I am interested in the over stitch procedure. I am in Sugar Land & have only found TLC Surgery. I have great INS as well and would like to revise my sleeve.

zoegirlcd
on 9/25/19 7:01 am - Katy, TX

Hi I had an Overstitch (Apollo) last Monday Sept 16, 2019. I felt soar afterwards it was outpatient. I've lost a total of 14 lbs. what I've been doing is full liquids now and for the next 45 days. But I do it doing keto. Do you still feel restriction? Because I can drink more than 2oz at a time. I know it's been a while since you had it. How much weight have you lost? Thank you

Blaype1
on 10/24/19 9:20 pm

Hello, I see you are in Katy, how is it going.

I'm going to Sugar land to consult with a UT doctor about the overstich procedure. First time I heard of this procedure was about 2 weeks ago. Did you have to wait or do a long program with the doctor you went too?

Did you do a long liquid diet before and after? I had my gastric bypass 11 years ago but never got to goal, gain about 50 so trying to see if this is something I want to do.

Thanks.

Bethc13
on 1/11/20 1:48 pm
RNY on 06/04/14

Hello, I am scheduled for the overstitch procedure next month. I called and asked what the recovery lifting restrictions were as I work in a day-care. They had to check and would call me back. They left a message saying no heavy lifting for 4 weeks. Do you remember what the weight limit was that you were allowed to lift while healing? Also, how much weight have you lost since September?

Thank You ?

dgraywilson
on 10/20/22 5:03 pm

I am planning to have the Overstitch procedure @ TLC w/Yu. Can you share some more details about how you are doing, were you in pain long, what is your total loss, how long did it take for you to return to work? I am a little skittish but must turn things back around after sleeve.

hollyround2
on 8/7/20 2:15 am - Gastonia, NC

Well it's 2020. Im wondering how you did after your Apollo Overstitch? Im scheduled to have the surgery Sept 9, 2020.

Most Active