Insurance Approved

tdslf1
on 4/9/16 6:05 pm - Joliet, IL

I am so happy this week. BCBS of Illinois approved my revision from lap band to gastric.  I was sweating bullets thinking I might get rejected and on the first try, I was approved, thank you.  Now that I know I am approved, I am going to ramp up my exercise from 1 to 2 miles of walking to 3 or 4.  I eventually want to learn to run so I can better manage my weight.  This year is the year I change me not just weight wise but life in general and all of my relationships. I feel really good today.

I wanna know though...I have an appointment to finalize what surgery I want on 4/26, when can I expect to have the surgery? When do I inform my employer that I wan to take FML?  Should I tell them I wanna take 4 weeks or 6 weeks or is that not something I tell them but they tell me not the doctor tells me?

Thanks

Renny    
Natalie D.
on 4/10/16 5:21 pm

Congrats on th approval! I just got mine couple weeks ago also with BCBS of IL, my surgeons office already scheduled my surgery for May 13 pending all pre op clearances. I already told my employer I am taking medical leave, I am only taking 2 weeks well with memorial weekend it will be 2.5 but I also told them that might be longer if de doesn't think I am ready to come back to work.  

I already have all my pre op appointments scheduled and already had pre registration done with the hospital. I have to meet with pulmonologist next week (hopefully they won require more tests), have abdominal ultrasound, nutrition class to learn how to eat after surgery,  have blood work and elf 2 weeks before surgery and obtain my primary care dr surgery clearance then meet with surgeon the week of surgery. Looooots to do before my date, hoping it will all get done so I don't have to move the date out. 

It seems my surgeon's office is very on top of things so I guess it depends on how many things you will need to do before the surgery for the surgery date.

tdslf1
on 4/10/16 7:25 pm - Joliet, IL

The doctor I went with wanted all the pre-recs done before he put me on the schedule. I have to meet with the doctor and get a surgery date. Right now I am just waiting to meet him.  Then I will inform the job that I plan on taking off 4 weeks if I can. I am going to take a FML if I can.

Renny    
Hotchic
on 4/10/16 8:47 pm

He did you have the lapband or sleeve.what are you getting revision to..I'm trying too see what to tell my dr in a few weeks I had the sleeve in 2014.only list about 50lbs.good luck

tdslf1
on 4/11/16 8:07 pm - Joliet, IL

I am getting a revision from lap band to gastric. All during the pre-op phase we have to decide what we want( gastric , sleeve, etc.)  Then this next appointment I have after all the pre-recs have been done we sit down and make the final decision, I start my liquid diet, etc.  I had the lap band in 2008, but I never managed to keep it off or lose that much more weight than the initial loss.  

Renny    
Most Active