Revision being done this thursday

karen203
on 3/28/16 6:30 pm - Meriden, CT
RNY on 03/31/16

I'm having revsion surgery Thursday from sleeve to bypass. Excited and nervous!

Karen

keynote34
on 3/28/16 7:39 pm
Revision on 03/16/16

Good luck and best wishes! I just had a revision this month from a band to a bypass. It's been a relief to get the band out. The bypass is an adjustment, but I'm looking forward to a new life. Take care.

BayouGirl
on 3/29/16 7:12 am

Karen, why the revision? I am wanting the sleeve so bad! But, am worried about the acid reflux.

karen203
on 4/1/16 8:44 am - Meriden, CT
RNY on 03/31/16

I had the revision because my sleeve was left far too large. I lost weight but never to where I wanted to be so I went to another surgeon and he ran tests and said it was left too large and not quite the right shape. I wanted him to resleeve but said that wasn't an option. I would have to stay where I was at or have the bypass.

Karen

fatbaby78
on 3/30/16 11:37 am

does insurance pay for revision

karen203
on 4/1/16 8:46 am - Meriden, CT
RNY on 03/31/16

My insurance is paying.

Karen

Hislady
on 4/2/16 8:07 pm - Vancouver, WA

Not always it depends on what policy your employer paid for so some do and some don't. You would need to call the number on the back of your insurance card to find out.

littlerocknettie
on 4/5/16 5:57 am
Revision on 12/23/15

It did pay...but it took MONTHS to get it approved.

Hotchic
on 4/3/16 8:51 pm

Hi Karen.may I ask what insurance you have.also,what did you have to do or say to start the revision process.I'm lookING into a revision with united healthough care.

karen203
on 4/4/16 10:50 am - Meriden, CT
RNY on 03/31/16

Hi, I have blue cross. I went to a different Dr. Than my first procedure and I had to start with the seminar first just like a first timer. The Dr requires any revision has to have an upper GI before he will see them to see what the previous procedure looks like. After that I had to do the dietician for 6 months and the psych evaluation . I then saw the Dr and we discussed my situation, they took care of all the insurance stuff I didn't have to do anything.

Karen

Most Active