Revision....??

Cheddar555
on 3/26/16 7:14 pm - Cedar Hill, TX

Hello there,

I am six months out and have lost between 42 to 48 pounds depending on water weight and menses. I feel great I went from sleeve to gastric bypass, and personally I look better with the bypass then I did with the sleeve because I am working out consistently. I have set a goal but above all I want to feel better and be healthy and live a healthier life style. The challenge of loosing weight slower has caused me to be more concious of what I eat and working out consistently. Best of luck to you, and after all you have nothing to loose but weight so go for it. Even though i have not lost what I wanted to loose I have lost more than I would have lost without the surgery, and it has gotten me back on track.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/27/16 6:28 am

If you get another WLS - you body may be more resilient to lose weight, and it may lose slower. But IMO - as long as you follow rules - preotein +fat + some non starchy veggies - you can lose all what you want to lose. Sure, it may be more difficult...

I am 8 years post op RNY. 6 months ago I decided to lose 10 lbs .. So fat I lost 6..and I have 4 more to go... 

Not only my weight loss is slow, but it is hard... I really have to watch what and how much I eat... And I need to move. But ..it is the last 10lbs ..or now 4 lbs...That would get me where I want to be... I am already losing good, my clothes fit good, I have relatively low body fat %(for my age) so not only motivation is not as strong as when I needed to lose 100lbs.. But also my body resist any fat loss... I get more hungry.. 

At the end - it is totally up to you. How much work and dedication you will put in losing weight and maintaining it.  Losing is easy.. Maintaining after the loss - now that is really challenging... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/16 9:57 am

Hi there I revised from lap band to VSG 20 months ago. I was without the band for 3 years before my revision, not sure if that makes a difference?  I was able to maintain the same weight over the three years. I am currently below my goal weight. I initially said I would be happy with anything below 150. Currently I am 115 and a size 0. At first I was kinda freaked out by my new size. Now I am working to try and stay here. I never was able to get to goal with the band.  Good luck on your revision. Getting rid of the band and having VSG was the best thing for me. 

Natalie D.
on 3/31/16 12:17 pm

All,

I got a call today that revision is approved! I am so excited for new hope!

TDotDana
on 4/5/16 8:03 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 01/23/17

I am so glad I stumbled upon this post- you literally answered all of my questions in one thread!

I had Gastric Sleeve (Slimband) done in March 2013 - things went well - happy with the weight loss - but I am so sick of the anxiety that comes with eating - I have to travel a lot for work - and it gets to the point that all I want to eat when out with people is soup - and then sometimes that won't go down...lol

I have been wondering if getting a revision done would actually be any better - in terms of my comfort level with eating - and I think according to what you folks have posted - it will!

I am very used to eating slowly - taking small bites etc etc...so I feel that my learning curve will be a bit easier than a newbie - but I don't want to go through another surgery - to not feel any better.

I am thinking of getting a complete de-fill before I get the surgery - because to be honest - I want to simply enjoy a really nice meal (and I mean a nice steak or something) before I do this surgery that can't be reversed - does that make sense?  On the other hand - I am scared to death of gaining more weight back.

anyway - thank you all for sharing - it has helped me a lot! 

HW - 283lbs (1991)** LW - 206lbs (2014)**CW 265lbs **Slimband - March 8, 2013 ** 275lbs @ Preop Diet**  261lbs on surgery day**Referral TWH - Feb'16**Orientation TWH - May 11/16**Psychologist TWH (Dr Wnuk) - June 24/16 ** Social Work (Anna Wallwork) - July 20/16 **Nurse (Wei Wang) - July 25/16 ** Nutrition Class (Lorraine Gougeon) - Aug 15/16    Endoscopy TWH - Aug 18/16  Dietician (Laura Scott) - Sept 15/16 Surgeon Dr Okrainek Nov 18/16 ** PreOP @ TWN Jan 9/17 *** RNY & Lap Band Removal Surgery @ TWH Jan 23/17 w/ Dr Urbach

Most Active