Revision....??

Natalie D.
on 3/25/16 6:07 pm

Hi all,

for those that had revision from lap band to other procedure, how much have you lost since surgery and in how long?

I need to lose over 100 lbs I am getting very nervous after reading all kinds of posts that people don't lose much after revision (I understand it will be slower then initial surgery but I sure hope I would lose the extra weight if I do everything I have to do and not just about 30 lbs or so). I am currently waiting to hear back from insurance if they approve my revision.

Thank you!

Hilarious
on 3/26/16 8:19 am - Coram, NY

I am close to 5 months post-op revision from lap band to gastric bypass. I've lost 49 pounds so far. To be at a normal BMI for my height, I would have to lose 120 pounds. My surgeon said most revision patients lose between 50-60% of their excess weight, so I'm getting close to that already. Via the lap band I kept off close to 50% of the weight I needed to lose.

I'm playing by the rules so I hope I can get closer to my ideal weight. Time will tell. . . 

Banded 3/07 -HW 350+, Height 5'3" SW 338, lost 100 pounds, maintained 80 pound loss

Revision to RNY due to band slip 10/29/15 - SW 260, GW 140, CW 153

Natalie D.
on 3/26/16 4:26 pm

Thank you Hillarious, 

I sure will be doing everything I can to get as close to my goal as I can, thank you for that info. 49 lbs is great!  How is your hunger?

Hilarious
on 3/27/16 3:49 pm - Coram, NY

Hunger is not there much, which is great. A lot of times I miss meals because I'm just not hungry. I'm trying to get in 5 small meals a day but it's hard to do. I'm very happy with the full feeling of the RNY - so much more comfortable than the band.

Natalie D.
on 3/27/16 4:36 pm

That must be a nice feeling. I am so tired of this band ( have it since 2007. Thanks to it I developed aversion towards lean proteins because I know they just don't go down and then I end up in pain. Even right now with my band completely empty I still can have solid proteins. Looking forward to my revision and eventually being able to eat healthy foods without having all this pain and discomfort.

Hilarious
on 3/27/16 4:41 pm - Coram, NY

I also had restriction with no fluid in my band for 9 months. I feel so much better with RNY, no more getting stuck, no more throwing up, no more running to the bathroom. I'm surprised at how much better I feel. I can eat any type of food (any lean meat), with no problems. Very different - you will be feel so much happier.

Banded 3/07 -HW 350+, Height 5'3" SW 338, lost 100 pounds, maintained 80 pound loss

Revision to RNY due to band slip 10/29/15 - SW 260, GW 140, CW 153

Natalie D.
on 3/27/16 6:19 pm

That sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing your experience, definitely helps and gives me hope :) hopefully I will hear back from insurance this week and hope it will be positive

DonnaMaria
on 3/26/16 1:07 pm

Lap band to sleeve. I am eight weeks on Tuesday. I have lost 30 lbs. so far. I am 55 years old so I am happy with my weight loss so far. Best of luck!

Natalie D.
on 3/26/16 4:24 pm

Thank you Donna! Glad to see you are doing well:)

sheriberi29
on 4/3/16 9:48 am - Cleveland, TN

Hey Donna, would you mind sharing how much excess weight you he to lose when you revised ? What was you bmi or weight at time of revision from band to sleeve? Thanks

Most Active